View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #70
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
It's because they're completely different situations.
You're right... it is a different situation. Because Americans would never surrender to an invader even if we had to go back to being minutemen. And good for us.

Quote:
If we became like the Japanese, we would've conquered a weakened world. The Japanese would have done that, but we did not.
Clearly you're not understanding that particular argument from me. Moving on...

Quote:
Different country, time, and situation.
Seems like a similar situation to me.

Quote:
I'd love to travel to his grave someday, but I doubt his corpse could answer my question. But as a fully-qualified general in the U.S. army, I'm sure he'd see the logic behind my argument.
According to that quote of his... no he wouldn't.

Quote:
Because it killed civilians? Should we have even bombed Japan's factories and military bases at all, pray tell?
Hey, maybe not. Maybe we should have just stayed out of WWII altogether and just defended our soil when they tried to hit us there. After all, the reason why Japan hit us was because we cut off all ties to them during WWII but continued to assist the Allies, particularly Britain.

In order to fight in WWII we had to draft soldiers, and drafts are the ultimate assault on your liberty.

Quote:
Dropping bombs that explode in fiery blasts is not a good thing for the evironment, and I imagine it wounded and deformed more than a few people.
War isn't good for the environment period.

Quote:
I agree with Israel's justification for what they're doing in Lebanon. But that is a completely different topic, and similar enough to this one.
If you think that the atrocities and war crimes that Israel commited in Lebanon are justified then there's no hope of me ever influening your opinion here.

Quote:
And I'm getting sick of you drawing ridiculous conclusions from my statements out of thin air. Nowhere have I said it was the fault of the people who lived in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Then who's fault is it that they're dead eh? Is it Japan's fault? Is it our fault? Of course it's OUR FAULT. WE dropped the bombs. If you're going to slaughter civilians, at LEAST have the honesty to say that WE killed them and it was on purpose. None of this sick Israel **** "oh Hezbollah killed them by putting rockets in their living rooms. Not our fault we bombed their houses!"

Quote:
If the alternative kills more people and takes more time and money, I don't see why not. I thought someone with humanitarian views such as yourself would choose the option that kills less people.
I'd prefer the option that kills no people.

Quote:
Please, feel free to illuminate me as to how Osama was trying to cripple our ability to fight in wars.
That's not what I suggested in my post. Perhaps you misunderstood me.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,