View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #310
Windu Chi
Banned

Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms
Oh please god no! Why don't thy just go the whole way and get Yuen Wo Ping.. he's obviously who they wnated for the prequels anyway.

You can make saber fighting look cinematic.. but the more cinematic it looks the less it will be YOU in control. One thing I would like from the swordfighting, and which might or might not work, would be if the models reflected the moves the person was about to make.

eg: To make a downward slash on someone you (for example) aim the crosshair high on their body. Your character holds his saber high, ready to make a downward slash. Move your cross hair to the left of their body and your character switches to holding his saber out to the left, ready to swing right. At least that way they might feel like real fights with real, flowing, stances.. rather than just click fests.

(maybe they could go with something like the Dark Messiah system where you can block the other player by countering his moves... which would work well with what i described above)
--
As for guns.. the thing about games like BF2 is that the guns FEEL and LOOK more solid. I don't see why they can't take that feel accross to a jedi game, even if they do fire lasers instead of bullets.

Having realistic, well animated weapon models, realistic weapon switch animations, reloading and sight ajusting animations, the ability to look through the barrel for more accuracy, not being able to be as accurate when running and jumping.. all these things help to make the weapons seem more "real". And all these things should be able to transfer across to SW weapons as well as any other.
Who the hell is Yuen Wo Ping? Is he a martial-artis movie stunt coordinator?

Nick Gillard is damn good at what he does.

If it was'nt for his abilities in creating the jedi combat in the prequel movies we won't be talking about any jedi games because that concept in the old Star Wars movies would have die out after, "Episode I: The Phantom Mence"; if the combat action was disgraceful.

In Episode III the game you do have all the control in saber attacks; the only cinematic animation is in the blocking.

Which I have already posted saying that the blocking was strewed up.

You must have'nt play the game or play it long enought to learn all the possible saber combos.

There are more than 100, I think.

Reason being you keep believing you don't have no control in all combat actions; because they look more cinematic and real.

Also the moves in Episode III does reflect on one of the 12 characters you play with in versus mode.

I am still discovering combat combos in the game.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,