View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #53
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
despite the coughing, his chest doesn't look "crushed" at all in the movie

Frankly, I accept the portrayal of Grievous in Episode III as the "real Grievous" so I don't need to explain the discrepancies with his behavior in the Clone Wars season 2 finale and season 3 (or the novels or comics for that matter).

His abilities in the cartoon are seriously exaggerated, as are those of the Jedi.

The films are the highest canon and represent the "true reality" of the Star Wars series, so all the rest are interpreted through that lense (at least that's how it is officially).

That said, I enjoyed his portrayal in the Clone Wars cartoon. He seemed a definate threat (though you could tell they were already trying to nerf him in Season 3 to try to prepare for the letdown we'd all see of him in the actual movie this was all hype fodder for), though I thought it was stupid that he had absolutely no force ability. Had he had the Force, I could buy him being so powerful (he was able to leap dozens of feet in the air, and even DODGE the force abilities of Jedi!). But anyway, that's some other character, not the "real Grievous." In my imagination, he had the Force, and he was a mobile droid controller. Now he's just a cyborg general with delusions of grandeur and a few tricks, but that's it.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,