View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #34
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
More friendly banter between Kirabaros and Atton. I couldn't resist but it is necessary.

Chapter 9
Morning at the Academy had Atton finding Kirabaros standing at an at ease position facing the rising sun. Reaching out through the Force Atton could tell that he trying to calm himself. He heard the noises last night and wanted to ask about it when morning came. Right now he just watched his friend stand there for a few minutes before turning back. He was almost to the door when he heard a voice said gently, “You wanted to see me?”

Atton turned to find that Kirabaros had turned to face him. He looked at him with his amber colored eyes that had tiny flecks of green near the pupils. Atton gave a reply, “Just wanted to see if you need anything.” Pausing for a moment, he continued, “The stallions are ready and Morgan’s ready to go.”

Kirabaros stood there still looking at Atton. His whole posture asked if there was anything else he wished to say. Instead, he said, “Alright. Breakfast first and then we move out.” He then walked towards the door. He knew that Atton wanted to ask if he had any nightmares and he wanted to tell him but he kept it inside. Later, he thought, later I will say something.

Two hours later, they were getting ready to leave. Kirabaros was adjusting straps to a strange contraption. When he was finished, he handed it to Atton with a smirk on his face. Atton took it and asked, “You got to be kidding me right?”

“You know any other way to carry Morgan?” Kirabaros replied with an endearing smile that was annoying.

“I was expecting something that didn’t look like a Bantha pack,” Atton replied as he slipped it on his back.

“Relax, amante. Didn’t you say that you wanted to keep him close?” Kirabaros had used the Avalonian word for friend as he lifted Morgan and slid him into the seat so that it looked like he was going for a piggyback ride. Kirabaros looked at Morgan asked, “Don’t you want to be close to your Papa?” and he smiled.

“Yes!” came the excited answer and Morgan wrapped his arms around Atton’s neck in a tight hug.

“Well it looks like you’re stuck with him,” Kirabaros smiled at Atton and gave him a hand up onto the Saluki stallion.

“I kind of figured that thank you very much but it looks like I’m stuck to you too,” Atton retorted in good humor.

Kirabaros mounted his stallion and turned it towards the road to head towards the villa. He whistled and T3 beeped and began to follow as he led their party down the mountain. As soon as Atton caught up to him, Kirabaros said, “You know we aren’t glued together. I’m just askin’ you to stick around for awhile and I’m sure Revan would like to see Morgan again.”

“So you’re sticky and sneaky. I guess that makes you sweet as candy and a Jawa,” Atton teased. It was a bad joke of course but he liked having friendly banters with Kirabaros.

“Ouch. You classed me as a Jawa,” Kirabaros pretended to be hurt. “Well, I guess I deserved that since I rigged your lightsaber to spark before it lit.”

“Yeah and I’m still nursing scars,” Atton smiled. “So how long will it take to get to where, well, where are we going?”

Chuckling, Kirabaros replied, “Well, we are going to the villa though I am surprised you didn’t pick up on my hint about Revan. You’re usually quick to spot those.” Atton gave a slight scowl while Kirabaros smiled. He continued, “We are going there because I need to lay it all out on the Pazaak table, the risks, the whole nine yards.”

“But you’re not gonna tell her everything,” Atton raised the question.

Kirabaros flushed slightly. Yep, they know me quite well, he thought with a slight smile. He replied, “I will tell what is happening, with all the details. Now we should probably speed it up if we are to make it by dark.”

Atton took that to mean that the conversation was over. Besides Morgan didn’t need to hear this. He replied, “Alright then. Lead the way fearless leader.”

“I thought that’s what you called Darius but I’ll take that as a compliment,” Kirabaros smiled. He told T3 to double time it and nudged the stallion into an easy canter.

Morgan snuggled into his seat as his father nudged his stallion into a canter. His little boy mind eagerly anticipated seeing the friendly faces he had met when he was younger. Mostly he was content to be with his father and he let it be known to Atton by snuggling into his back. Atton felt the content not just from the snuggle but from the emotion spilling from the boy. Atton just smiled and gently used the Force to induce him to sleep. Sweet dreams, my son.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,