View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:48 AM   #157
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
And yes, I agree that Lucas ought to have had Dave Prowse in makeup under the mask originally. But oh well. We got Shaw instead (a veteran actor that most kids today aren't going to be familiar with), but we ACCEPTED HIM for 21 years as the "true face" of Darth Vader/Anakin. Then suddenly Lucas wants us to believe that it's really Hayden! I much prefer the kindly old man, a "healed" version of Shaw under the mask, than that long haired hippie whiner we saw in Episode III. I don't like the way he's looking at his daughter there either...! Luke goes back to the fire thinking "who the heck was that weirdo with Yoda and Ben... he's younger than me!"
Hayden is better for Anakin for one simple reason, he was Anakin. Never was Anakin a "kindly old man", he was forty five when he died! Sebastian Shaw depicted Anakin as a fat 78 year old man, which is completely inaccurate.

Anakin should have been a near middle-age man, Hayden is how he appeared in previous films, but "kindy old man" Shaw was totally off the mark and they couldn't possibly have left him in ROTJ in the DVD edits, it wouldn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Commander Obi-Wan: So you're older than me (I'm 27) and you prefer the Special Editions to the originals. Did you actually see the originals first?

Just curious.
Commander Obi-Wan is 15...

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,