View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #142
toms
v0.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Those who had gone out to spill blood in the name of religion are wrong. .
Why?

Thats the problem with religion, it always comes down to an arbitary "our way is right, their way is wrong"..why?.."because it is."

They would say exactly the same thing about your views, giving exactly the same reasons, probably quoting exactly the same darn teachings.

As an impartial observor i'd say that, using the religion's own standards, there is a lot more evidence to support "those who spill blood in the name of religion are right.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
I'm also inspired by Mother Teresa and the charity she set up.
Hmm.. yes. You mean the one that got money to "tend the sick" and then spent it all on churches and missionary activities while letting the sick die with very few pain meds or doctors?

The woman who was more interested in baptising hindus and muslims on their death beds than in actually trying to cure them.

The charity that didn't distinguish between the curable and the dying?

The religious nut job who, at a 1981 press conference in which she was asked: "Do you teach the poor to endure their lot?" replied: "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

If she is an example of the GOOD that religion can do then I think i'd be happier without, thanks very much. Or with something that is more concerned with saving people than spreading religious dogma such as the red cross or oxfam.

Playing: Link to the Past, Astroboy, Kario Kart, Mario World (Micro) KOTOR 2: Sith Lords (Xbox) Morrowind (PC)
toms is offline   you may: quote & reply,