View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #150
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I can't believe I didn't notice this... Thanks for pointing it out, DB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Allen``
Y'know, atheists really must have all the answers. {snip}
As an atheist, I must say I find your post extremely offensive. I will keep the tirade I could say to myself, though again, I take great offense to your statement.

Quote:
Y'know, atheists really must have all the answers.
I wish I did.

Quote:
Any Bible stories or tales of the Prophet Mohammed must really be no more real than Tolkian or Rowling.
I believe that some events in the Bible and some tales of Mohammed have occured. Others I am simply too skeptical to believe.

Quote:
They really must be so super intelligent that because they cannot grasp the jump of logic that is religion it must not be real.
I can 'grasp' as you out it, the logic of religion. I am simply too skeptical to believe in it. How should someone simply believing in God and an afterlife make them more intelligent? Someone's faith does not affect their intellect, and vice versa.

Quote:
They must also be some of the most misrible unhopeful people in the world as they have nothing to look to, no faith to follow or any source to lift themselves up when times are bad.
'Misrible'? Using proper spelling always helps in the Senate Chambers.

If you think all atheist's lives are miserable, I could easily prove you completely wrong if you knew something about my life. Faith does not result in a better life. I think I can safely say this, as I once believed in God. When times are bad, what about friends, family, and life itself?

And here I was, hoping that all followers of religion could be as tolerant of other beliefs as Jae Onasi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,