View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Windu
I haven't watched the theatricals all the way through yet but I did go and check these things Kurgan mentioned:

"you're lucky you don't taste very good"

"open the blast door"

"door's locked, move along to the next one"

"blast it BIGGS, where are you"

He doesn't say "Don't worry." He says "It's all right. Trust me. Don't move."

Is this ANH or ROTJ? I remember the line but forget which movie.
Okay I misquoted some, but I got the gist of it. Good, this sounds like it's the version I was hoping for! I was a bit worried for awhile that they'd just give us the soundtrack from the THX Enhanced trilogy and hope nobody would notice... glad I was wrong.

The "force theme" part I'm talking about is in the original Star Wars, the battle of Yavin.

If you'll compare the scene in the 2004 edition, the sounds of the X-Wing engines totally drown out the music in that initial attack run (as the X-Wings spiral out one by one towards the trench). However switch the audio track from the Spanish or English to the FRENCH language audio track during that scene.. suddenly you hear dramatic music! (instead of just engine noise). Now you know what to look for, compare the same scene in the 1977 version. Is it music, or engine noise?

Another question... in Star Wars, when Luke, Han, Chewie, Obi-Wan and the droids are in the control room (right before Obi-Wan decides to go "alone" to disable the tractor beam), does Threepio make a short explanation speech about the tractor beam "coupling in seven locations" or something like that? I think in the early versions that dialogue is left out.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,