View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 03:01 AM   #8
Master Jimmy
Forumite

Chapter Eight

Revan pulled out one of his lightsabers and showed it to the Kenobi twins "The lightsaber: A tool of the Jedi, a weapon of the Sith. Pure energy, it can deflect blasters, absorb electricity, and cut through most thing just as long as they don't have cortosis bonded to it." he explained. The Kenobi twins looked in awe to Revan's quality work. "There are many types of sabers. There is: The regular lightsaber, which I use. The lightdagger, which is a shorter make of the lightsaber. The Saberstaff, which Bastila uses.-"

"What does that do?" Mikel interrupted.

Revan turned to Bastila "Well, show them what it does." Bastila ignited both sides of her saberstaff and the twins were staring in awe.

"Do you like what you see?" she asked.

"I like the idea of a lightsaber." told Mikel.

"And why is that?" asked Revan.

"The versatility of it can defend your allies in many ways." Mikel replied.

"I think that it can inspire your allies, give them hope." told Emily.

"Ahh, both noble answers. I shall give you each your saber crystals to start off. Mikel."

"Yes?"

"Since you were a Jedi Guardian, you will get a blue saber crystal, much like mine."

"Yes, Master."

Bastila turned to Emily "Because you were a Jedi Sentinal, you will get a yellow saber crystal."

"Like you?"

"Like me."

Mikel was done admiring his crystal and wanted to talk to Revan. "How are you so powerful?" he asked.

"Well I don't mean to boast, but I already was extremely powerful in the Force before... before... my... mishap on Malachor V. The answer is ancestry... My ancestor: Tudo'Val Skywalker, banded together a group of Force Sensitives and he created the Jedi order. He invented the ten saber styles, but they didn't have lightsabers back then due to the lack of research. He also invented Teras Kasi and many other hand to hand fighting styles, such as: Jun Fan, Hapkido, Shotokan and more." he explained.

"What fighting styles do you use?" Mikel asked.

"For saber, I prefer the tenth saber style: Jar'Kai. For fists, I prefer: Teras Kasi in memory of my ancestor, and Hapkido for quickness." Revan explained.

"What about your wife?" Mikel asked again.

"She is a master of Juyo, a lightning fast saber style, perfect for her since she uses a saberstaff. She has also practiced the hand to hand styles: Pi Gua for good solid hits, and Fan Zi which is also lightning fast." Revan explained.

"Ahhhhh."

"Grab some weapons that interest you and I shall teach you the fighting styles." told Revan.

"So are the Jedi allowed to love?" asked Emily.

"At first they were, according to Tudo'Val's Holocron. Then the later Jedi decided that love would get in the way, so the forbid it." Bastila explained.

"So then why are you and Revan married?"

"Because we couldn't hide it. And it didn't get in the way of our missions. So we all agreed that we should abolished the rule of forbidding love. Mind you that Jaden and Visas have started to fall in love, Atton and Mira might." Bastila explained.

"I think that I might be falling in love with Logan Howellet." Emily pointed out.

"Well I'm proud of you for sharing this with me."

Bastila found Revan training Mikel about the saber styles. "How is he doing?" she asked.

"He has already learned Shii-Cho and Ataru. And his form is very nice." Revan explained.

"That's great." told Bastila.

"I think that he might want to be fixed on Ataru." Revan explained.

"I think I am." stated Mikel.

Bastila walked back over to Emily. "Find a sword that intersest you and I shall teach you about the saber styles." Emily grabbed one vibroblade and got it at the ready.

Minutes later, Revan and Mikel were finished "I think that the Ataru saber style is the right one for you" suggested Revan.

"I think so too." Mikel replied.

"Its a very offensive fighting style but it would be best if you used it with someone else because it is best used against saber opponents." Revan explained.

"Why not against opponents with blasters?" Mikel asked.

"Because nothing is more embarrasing to be struck down by a weapon as uncivilized as the blaster." Revan answered.

"Oh, I see."

Revan found Bastila training Emily in the saber styles as well. "How is she doing, darling?" asked Revan.

"She is already proficient in the Shii-Cho, but she is mainly focusing on the Soreseu style." Bastila explained.

Revan turned to Mikel. "Well I think that you've found your mission partner."

"Why is that." Mikel asked.

"Because Soreseu is the counter-style of blasters, so it would be smart if you travelled with your sister in missons." Revan suggested.

"Okay, now I'm starting to see your point."

"That's good."

One hour later, everyone decided to rest and continue tomorrow.

Led Zeppelin + The Beatles = Gods

New fanfic Metroid/Star Wars Crossover: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=183539 Chapter four is up.
Master Jimmy is offline   you may: