View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 04:35 AM   #23
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
True, but I found talking to him about the Republic to be more interesting than sparring with a half-naked Echani.
Well, the sparring bit is pretty low, I'll agree. But I still find Brianna more interesting than Mical. The love story isn't so good, since Brianna seems to see far too much of her lost father in the male Exile for it to be a healthy relationship to me. Then again, the same is true for Mical, who seems to follow the female Exile only out of some lovestruck schoolboy mentality, which is not the case for Brianna - she was ordered to join the Exile's party by Atris. There are actually voiceacting for this in the soundfiles, pointing to yet another deleted cutscene, where Atris orders Brianna to the quest to Brianna's surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
That I think was made solely for the purpose of making him a Jedi.
You could be right, but that actually makes it worse in my eyes, because then it's just bad (=forced) plot instead of poor characterization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
I don't know about you, but the Handmaiden didn't seem to think she betrayed Atris when she went back to Telos. She's really just a personality-devoid servant who you supposedly turn to your side.
Well, she does say that she is willingly betraying Atris when you train her as a jedi, which then prompts Kreia's "Betrayal!", which echoes onto a cutscene with Atris on Telos. I really miss that "Betrayal!" in the female Exile's story - that was just so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
But even so, the Disciple is just part of why I like a female Exile. There's Darth Sion, Atton,
The whole love-interest is just stupid for Sion, if you ask me. When I played male, he was a dark, ominous enemy with incredible powers. When I played female he turned into a love-confused puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
the huge lack of female Sith Lords and strong characters, etc...
What does that have to do with anything????

Not that I disagree, really - generally Star Wars could do with more strong female characters, but it's not an issue here. Besides, the Exile is scarcely a strong character in that sense, seeing as how he/she goes through the whole plot unaware of his/her true nature, while all the other jedi knew all along. Add to that the exile has been fleeing his/her choice at Malachor for a decade, and we have a very anti-heroic protagonist. I like that, but it certainly doesn't point to a strong leading character. If you want a strong female lead, then Revan would be a much better choice than Exile. In fact, most Star Wars protagonists probably would be, since the Exile is about the most timid and cowed protagonist I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
They certainly thought poorly of us.

What's even more amusing and ridiculous about those "sparring" matches is that Brianna claims stripping to almost nothing is to put no restrictions upon movement, yet her sisters in the academy say the same thing while wearing the same outfit she does during the matches...
I guess that they - unlike Brianna and Atton - just didn't know the Echani etiquette rituals


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.

Last edited by RedHawke; 09-19-2006 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Combining double post...
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,