View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #27
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
There are actually voiceacting for this in the soundfiles, pointing to yet another deleted cutscene, where Atris orders Brianna to the quest to Brianna's surprise.
There's more cut content for the Handmiaden in 262TEL. She also has a short conversation with Kreia, a better confrontation with her sisters, some alternate dialogue for them to about her during their cutscenes, alternate lines in general, and a different reason for joining your party on the Ebon Hawk.

Quote:
You could be right, but that actually makes it worse in my eyes, because then it's just bad (=forced) plot instead of poor characterization.
You could say the Handmiaden's was as well. Her father could've loved any woman to have her.

Quote:
I really miss that "Betrayal!" in the female Exile's story - that was just so cool!
It is pretty cool. And there's some even better (cut) content for female Exiles on Malachor. Yes, it's not here now, but we'll all be able to enjoy it eventually. Atton killing Mical, being tortured to death by Sion, and lastly dying in the Exile's arms (well, more like on the ground but near her arms) adds some flavor to the game.

Quote:
The whole love-interest is just stupid for Sion, if you ask me. When I played male, he was a dark, ominous enemy with incredible powers. When I played female he turned into a love-confused puppy
I liked that. I've seen far too many "I'm gonna rule the universe and kill everyone, including you!!" Sith Lords. It gets repetitive, and Sion was something new.

Quote:
but it's not an issue here.
For me it is. I thought the Exile was a strong character, and if she's a female, that makes her a strong female character...

Quote:
seeing as how he/she goes through the whole plot unaware of his/her true nature, while all the other jedi knew all along.
That goes for Revan as well.

Quote:
Add to that the exile has been fleeing his/her choice at Malachor for a decade, and we have a very anti-heroic protagonist.
I wouldn't say that makes her any stronger or weaker a character. The Council exiled her, and she opportunities in the game to say that Malachor was a glorious and wonderful battle. That doesn't strike me as fleeing her choice.

Quote:
I like that, but it certainly doesn't point to a strong leading character. If you want a strong female lead, then Revan would be a much better choice than Exile.
Revan I think is best as a male character. There are quite a few reasons I have for it, but they're not related to whether the Exile should be a male or female.

Quote:
In fact, most Star Wars protagonists probably would be, since the Exile is about the most timid and cowed protagonist I've ever seen.
There aren't many people who've gone on journeys of self-awakening while killing hundreds, defeating three Sith Lords, and saving/weakening the galaxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,