View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:45 PM   #976
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Well, I suppose since I've joined I may as well start with posting this, now shouldn't I?

...please don't throw things at me. I brought cookies!

Right...sooo once upon a time there was a girl named Digitaldreamer. This girl played a game named Psychonauts. She was happy. All was good in the Country of Digi.

And then the plot bunnies came. They attacked, swarming the countryside and consuming all in their path, growing larger and larger. Soon enough the bunnies had all merged into the one, the only BUNNYZILLA! Bunnyzilla proceeded to go on a rampage through the Country of Digi. After a week or so of this Digi finally decided that the only way to appease the horrific beast was to write the fic.

I could ramble on and on, but at it's basis the idea came from but one wish, to take Raz's background and expand on it like crazy. When I was playing the game I couldn't help but think there could have been so much more done with his family's curse by the Galochio's, as well as the whole “our family has many enemies” deal... and thus, this was spawned. We've got a fic here that's going to attempt to go deep into Raz's family history and cover everything from the reason to why the Galochio's cursed them, why Raz's dad's entire family was killed by psychics, why Raz's dad wouldn't let Raz use his powers, and probably a whole lot more that I can't be bothered to type here.

Granted, I will probably fail at this attempt. But I'm trying, and this is what I have so far:

Cursum Perficio: Six years after Raz became a Psychonaut the the nightmares started, whispers of Lili and a terrible darkness. He can never fully remember these night terrors, but he's sure of one thing...he has to get to Whispering Rock, before something awful happens...

It shall be long. And it shall be crazy. And yes, while it shall be a bit dark, I'm going to do my best to make sure it retains that Psychonaut-y flavour we all adore. I've got three chapters so far, and I'd be honoured if you guys would be willing to take a look, pehaps pop me a review and tell me how I'm doing.

I also have a quick vaguely Sasha/Milla one-shot, since I do adore those two so:

Of Sickness and Sunglasses: In which Sasha claims he's not sick in the least, but Milla says otherwise.

Er...yes...

...alright, I'll shut up now. You can stop throwing things.

“Raz,” Oleander groaned. “How many times do I have to tell you? You don't have to sneak in here past security every time you come anymore! You can just come in through the gate! You know, like everyone else?”

“Oh, I know. I just like this way better.”

--Cursum Perficio, chapter two, by Digitaldreamer.
Digitaldreamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,