View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #91
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
Unfortunately there isn't a 'cell reset' (such as Oblivion) so it can get tricky with placeables in KotOR / TSL..
There is a way to "reset" the module and get the crystals showing up in the merchant's inventory but it will mess up some variables (and could eventually screw up things completely).

Try this at your own risks and keep a savegame from before trying this method in case you get stuck later on as many variables will be reset and you could be unable to finish some quests:

Open Windows-Explorer and Kotor. Right before entering the module where the merchant is, switch to the Windows-Explorer (Alt-Tab) and go to your Kotor directory. You should see a folder called "gameinprogress". Inside this folder should be a file for the module where the merchant is located (you need the name of that module - unfortunately I don't remember it but it's likely danmblabla.sav ) Erase it. Then go back to your game and talk to the merchant. If you did everything right, the crystals should be there.

You can also get the same results by editing your savegame using an erf/gff editor but it's a bit more complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgerva3383
I just thought you'd like to know that WinRAR now supports the .7z format. Also, in addition to supporting the GZ and BZ2 formats, it also supports TAR.GZ and TAR.BZ2.
Thanks for mentioning this. I guess it's time for me to update my winrar version
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,