View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #43
Nancy Allen``
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
There seem to be no one on this planet like the Exile, the possible ones are already dead or dying now.
The leaders are cowards and the heros are dead and dying.
The only one who would be better in my view than the Exile is Revan, or maybe some other hero from some other piece of fiction. When it comes to real heros I think it's more a case that those who are willing to do something are not in a position to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
The insurgents may be a pain in the arse, but they certainly have not kicked the Coalition's arse. We have not surrendered or retreated. War is messy and is not a neat and clean package like it's portrayed in history books. There'll likely continue to be skirmishes for some time, but that doesn't mean we've lost the war.
To say they were beaten is going a bit far. No question they were humbled and gives further fuel to the debate that Iraq's another Vietnam.

Quote:
Abu Ghraib--'butchers' implies to me 'killers'. There was torture, to be sure, and plenty of just really stupid crap going on there, but there was no evidence of mass murder to my knowledge.
The torture for fun **** perpetrated by Private England and her cohorts was exactly what I was referring to in the Abu Gharib butchery. No, there wasn't mass executions, but what they did was just as bad. It really shows how depraved they are and damages the American military as a whole.

Quote:
The point is moot, though. We're there now, and we need to finish the job stabilizing the country so the Iraqis can make the transition without having their fledgling government flushed down the toilet by a nasty little civil war. We made a mess, we need to accept the responsibility for it and finish the job of cleaning it up now.
That's the real bitch of it, and it's something anti Americans can use against the war in Iraq, in that if we pull out like they want then they can say we should have fixed the situation there. The same story with whether or not to go to war with North Korea, the same with acting on terrorist plots after criticism for not being able to prevent 9/11, the ****ers make it so that no matter what is done there's criticism.
Nancy Allen`` is offline   you may: quote & reply,