View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:34 AM   #45
Windu Chi
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms
Well, that IS the whole reason that the US was created.
But even in WW2 people tried diplomatic solutions. Almost all the european nations tried treaties and appeasment with the nazis.. and the US sat around not getting involved for 3 or 4 years... so i don't think things have changed as much as you think.
Well we will all see what those cowards at the UN do about that tyrant and his regime.

Quote:
N.Korea and Iran have been collaborating on nuclear weapons research, so if NK truely does have them then Iran will do shortly.
That's exactly what I have said.

Quote:
Personally i'm undecided on whether they really have them, or they are trying a Saddam style bluff to try and stop the US moving against them.
Yes, there is always misdirection but I would'nt want the leaders of this world to take a chance with that nut.

Quote:
I think your wrong on sanctions though.. NK is in a terrible economic state, its basically supported entirely by china. That means china has immense leverage over NK. If china cut off all aid then i'd imagine the country would collapse pretty sharpish.
NK will take any sanctions as an act of war but we will see if North Korea is bluffing.

Quote:
Now that we are all friendly with china, THIS is their chance to improve their image with the world.
We aren't that close with them, Tom.

Quote:
Thoguh since the UK and US have been selling nuclear tech to all these countries I'm a bit confused about why we are now upset that they are using it.
If we don't get upset with that nut having a weapon of annihilation, then we will be dealing with a war of annihilation later.

Quote:
I also think a war with north korea would be a lot different to a war with iraq.

Iraq had an army of about 400,000.
NK has one of over 1million. (plus enough reservists that their army is actually theoretically about double the size of the US)
Yes it will be a real war; Iraq war II was a joke.
The war with the insurgence should be consider similar to the Vietnam War
So, you can say they are fighting two wars in Iraq.

Quote:
We knew a lot about the iraqi situation due to lots of cia involvement, no fly zones, weapons inspectors (and their cia spies), etc...
We know very little about NK due to it being such a closed country.

The iraqi population had a lot more access to external media, and saddam was already in a weak position of power and likely to fall. This made it easy for the cia to convince a lot of his troops not to fight.
The north korean population is poor and hungry, but they have no access to external media and won't be easy for the cia to influence. there is no evidence that KJI is about to fall. They will probably actually fight.
Of course they will fight, they are brainwash by that nut.

Quote:
Iraq was an easy war, followed by a long insurgency. Korea on the other hand i'd imagine being a very hard, costly war - but probably with less long term problems IF we won.
That war was easy because that fool Saddam didn't update his military so his forces was no match to US and British militaries.
He wasted resourses on himself that could have went to a modern military force.

Quote:
The only real way to try and beat NK without HUGE casualties on our side would be to use long range weapons to try and take out all their military... and that is gonna cause huge civilian casualties, and pretty swiftly get the population behind KJI.
That will be a foolish option, they will have to invade that country.
It is about time for the UN to spill some blood for world peace.
The other choice will be a complete failure if they do it.

Last edited by windu6; 10-12-2006 at 04:46 AM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,