View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #85
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totenkopf
Oh, I forgot that the US must have attacked PH with copies of Japanese weapons to drag us into the war. You also seem to forget that a great number of Americans actually volunteered to join the war and didn't wait around for a draft board to "violate their freedom". I think you're confusing WW2 with perhaps Vietnam or other postwar conflicts (perhaps "Bush's war"?). WW2 didn't provide us with the luxury of sticking our head in the sand and hoping everything just blew over.
If WWII could have been fought without a draft, that'd have been great - but I don't think we could have done so.

Quote:
Also, you still don't explain how the war could have been realistically concluded w/o the dropping of the 2 Abombs, or at least some heavy lost of life via other means.
We didn't have to do anything. They would have either surrendered on their own, or wouldn't have been able to attack us anyway, and would crumble away under the strain put on their country.

Quote:
I will take it that you realize that the US is not an autarky (ie completely self sufficient in natural resources) and sometimes has to defend it's interests beyond it's physical borders.
Protecting our interests didn't include the slaughtering of innocent men, women, and children.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,