View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 04:42 AM   #69
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
The irony here is that Windu6 hasn't said he doesn't believe in God or that there is a Christian God. On the contrary, he appears to accept that a god exists but that this god is flawed. One who was predisposed to psychoanalyze this might hypothesize that Windu6 had a significant negative event or loss in his life to which he blames the Christian God he was raised to believe in.

I'm not predisposed to psychoanalyze, so I'll refrain from making that hypothesis.

Kind of like saying..."it goes w/o saying, but I'll say it anyway"

But seriously, exactly what would constitute proof of God's (or any other supernatural being for that matter) existence that you (atheists and non-believers in general) wouldn't reject out of hand as some kind of mass hypnosis or parlor trick? It seems to me that it would be very difficult to prove the genuine existence of God, especially as we become more and more technically sophisticated. Many of you "christian bashers" seem to be as closed minded as the people you deride when it comes to this topic.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,