View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #74
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace MacLeod
There actually have been scientific studies done on the therapeutic benefits of prayers in hospital settings which show improved recovery rates and more positive overall emotional states for surgical patients who prayed versus ones who didn't, but unfortunately I can't link to them as they're in scientific journals which require membership in university libraries. I've run into this problem before in backing up claims I've made (and would like to make) in various online debates.
You could provide as much of a citation as possible. Others are able to access the journals and see the source of the claims. Most public libraries have access to a variety of journals and databases for journals. These are studies I'd like to see if you have the authors, titles, and journals. I'm aware of several recent studies that demonstrate the little to zero effect of prayer and will happily provide a source later... gotta run.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,