View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 09:19 AM   #13
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester

Current Game: First Strike
Quote:
First, what is/was MILORG? A Norwegian partisan group?
Yes.

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by: "Oh, and the reason it's moral practice..".
Of course you didn't. I meant "normal". Silly me.

Quote:
While you're looking for the provision in question in the Geneva Convention, perhaps you might as well provide your cite for the Declaration of Human Rights and show specifically how it's being violated w/o resorting to vague generalizations. Statements like "even if..." tend to tell someone you're not really sure of your facts.
Article 5 prohibits torture.
Quote:
Article 5.

No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
Specific enough?

Quote:
Well, the abortion industry still gets a lot of milage out of the expression "they ain't humans".
True, that.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure, no offense, that you have little or no grasp on how military operations are planned. You are essentially claiming that the US government is ordering it's troops to indiscriminately target civilians for what, fun I suppose?
I don't know why exactly, they use cluster bombs and white phosphorous, or why they bomb a resturant full of civilians to kill a single Al-Q'aida official. I'm merely saying that it's a fact that they do.

Quote:
I'd like to see the proof beyond conjecture and wild sounding allegations.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...icle325560.ece
http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle10901.htm

Quote:
I'm sorry, but of whom do you speak?
I speak of everyone who recognizes it as perhaps the most horrific method of torture of all time.

Quote:
Looks to me like the last part of that statement is rather ludicrous. Seems to me that taking a red hot poker to someones privates, or even hooking them(genitals) to a source of electricity is even more diabolical. I'm sure there are more insidious forms of torture than the Chinese H2O method.
Not to me.

Quote:
Just since you're not clear on the subject, spies are people that disguise themselves in the uniform of their opponents or in civilian garb.
Please quote your sources for that.

Quote:
I can pretty much sum up your position. Appeasement is the only way to deal with intractable opponents.
Try again.

Quote:
Oh, and also, you cannot hurt anyone anywhere, even if you suffer a death of 1000 cuts, b/c the rest of the world will get squeamish and hate you.
Didn't I write above that I supported the war on Afghanistan because of 9/11?

Quote:
The fact remains that there were multiple reasons for going back into Iraq that were cited, but that opponents of the renewed conflict (a cease fire agreement means that the war never offically ended, hence no vioaltion of international law) like to fixate stictly on the nuclear component b/c no such weapons have apparently been found yet. Sadam was in constant violation of the cease fire agreement, which allowed us to resume the conflict, which was sanctioned by the UN in the first place back in '90/91.
You know what, let's keep all that to a thread on Iraq.

Quote:
What does the ticking time bomb myth have to do with anything? I didn't necessarily stipulate that the situation was a scenario right out of the series 24.
Good.

Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,