View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:46 AM   #27
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
First of all, I'm not thinking you're trying to bait me into an argument, nor do I think Spider AL says things he hasn't been thinking about carefully before. I'm not really sure why exactly he says you might be a troll, although I'm almost certain it's because of your .. unconventional style of debating things in here, and maybe he says it because he'd like you to think about it. That he's said it, is none of my business, nonetheless. And after all I can think for myself, and noone has been attacked, personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
As for your point: I was brought up to reply to racist names like that with anger and violence.
That's wrong. Anger and violence are most probably going to cause more of itself, and are a most unfortunate choice of "weapon".

Quote:
Being a pacifist just don't work with people with that much hate in them and flawed beliefs.
Being pacifist will more likely get others on your side than being "the same *******" as the racist is would do.

[edit]

Anyways, not being exposed to excessive racist offence makes me kind of unable to have real insight on the topic of racism. However, I had a couple of lessons in "faces of violence in the world", and what always helped alot was being "cool" rather than "uncool". ;

Last edited by Ray Jones; 11-03-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,