Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 03:16 PM   #20
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Well, for me personally, I'd much rather err on the side of caution.

Say the Climate Chaos folks are totally wrong,.. but we all act to try to reduce and remove potential sources of alleged "greenhouse emissions" starting today. Where will we be in 50 or 100 years? Well, I don't know; but the air will be a bit cleaner anyway...

If the Climate Change folks are even partially correct on the other hand, and we choose to attempt to do nothing about it, where exactly will we be in that same 50 to 100 year timeframe?

Well, I don't know about you, but I'll most likely be a lot further inland than I am at the moment,.. as the property I currently own is predicted to be at least 20 feet under water by then.

If Global Warming doesn't really exist, and we still go through steps to clean up the environment, have we done any real harm?

Seems to me that reducing pollution should be a worthy enough goal even without the threat of looming disaster.

If there are any detrimental socio-political side-effects to attempting to take that type of action as you seem to imply, well, then I guess we'll just have to deal with them on a case-by-case basis if and when they come along.

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is online now   you may: quote & reply,