View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #37
TearsOfIsha
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzack
I think the Rebellion is pretty good. You just have to use them right. The bugs are annoying, but the game is still playable.
I keep hearing about this old chestnut, 'just use them right'. You can't use them right, because petro have not provided that ability. I have no option to steal stuff, nor do I have the option of doing meaningful hit and runs (both were standard rebel tactics in the canon). All the options I have are using various combos of daft units and it basically degenerates into simply hurling more and more reinforcements at the enemy. Whereas in the original EaW, I could at least match a fleet if I used the right tactics - now half the fire I take goes right through shields, so they are pointless.

And as if to prove my point, I just tried a rebel orbital strike, which proceeded to pound the ground with pretty blue lights that did sweet FA. I assumed that this was yet another bug - imagine my surprise when I found that it's actually intentional, and they are Ion Cannon blasts. Why in christ's name do the rebels, specifically, only shoot those? Why am I not given the option to use turbolasers? Am I to assume that I suffer a fleetwide laser malfunction and all I've got left are Ions? It's this kind of meaningless rubbish that have made me throughly disappointed with the exp pack.
TearsOfIsha is offline   you may: quote & reply,