View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 11:07 PM   #83
Rust_Lord
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfIsha
Bleh, I think I'll go off and play Dark Crusade. At least Relic are familiar with the concept of 'balance'.
Ive been playing this alot and I dont know about that. Its a damn side more balanced than FoC thats for sure AND bug free, touch wood, but for me the Necrons are pretty damn cheap. Try playing bloodshed ally 3v3 against three standard computer necrons and see how you go...anyway this isnt relic forums so i will get on to what i wanted to write.

There is a couple of opinions on here I just want to reply too and since the patch is probably well under way, put out a few ideas for consideration by not just devs but the community. I know they cant change things to exactly reflect canon but they can at least resemble canon.

The opinion that the rebels got duped in the expansion with their space units..well, yeah, sort of. They didnt need a heap of extra space units because they were already well balanced. Rogue Sdqn cant really compete with Thrawn I agree but they are much more obtainable, costing less than half. For a comment on the B-Wing see below.

Corrupt Militia/planetary take over thing...It goes to the heart of how the ZC operates but having no control over it really is lame. There is a way around it and thats simply to leave it. However as a player said they had a large garrison there and it went down without a fight. That is ridiculous. Seeing as the ZC is so wealthy, it could be an idea to introduce a cost to the ZC to take over a planet when a revolt begins, the reason being that it will cost money to finance the revolt. The larger the garrison the more it will cost to finance the revolt.

Sabotage ability: This is just plain annoying. I was losing up to three buildings PER day during certain periods in a GC. I dont think sabotage should be removed entirely but it is way overdone. If i didnt have a war chest of about 80,000 credits I would have been forced out of the galaxy by defilers alone.

IG-88: Already written about the Death Star issue. He seemed to like wasting his time by eliminating spare probe droids I had. Note to all: keep minor heroes handy for bait!

Heres a few handy suggests for PG...
Vengeance Frigates: take note of all the talk. These things need to be a little less tough. Seeing as Mass drivers are projectile weapons not energy, maybe give them limited ammunition???

ZC space stations: way too tough. If the blue pulse plasma cannons and mass drivers dont get you the standard lasers and protons will. They can slaughter fighters and bombers and therefore have no real weakness. Shields seem to be greater with better recharge than other factions.

Star Vipers: Too fast and maneuverable. They are superior in every respect to other fighters.

Keldabe: Shield leach ability should be toned down. Need to cost a little more too me thinks.

Int IV: Needs an engine hardpoint because its a bit on the fast side and every other frigate has one giving these things unparalleled speed.

Interdictor: They are useless in skirmish unless their decoy missile ability has been improved to have the same effect as IG-88s ability. That would make them useful. Needs a combination of, extra HPs or lasers.

B-Wing: In the xml I spotted they only have the same shield strength as an X-wing. Absolute rubbish. These things need to be flying tanks. Double shield strength and id give them the ion ability.

TiE Defender: Should be the fastest thing in space if it already isnt.

ISDs: I quite like the idea of 2nd shield generator hardpoint. Should receive some more hit points (best in the form of a couple of extra weapons). Jack up the price if need be: 5500 or 6000k is fine by me.
Rust_Lord is offline   you may: quote & reply,