View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 01:11 PM   #16
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi:

Why assume in the first place that their faith is fake? That's quite an accusation of something that none of us can really prove
One person has made assumptions regarding Bush's fundamentalism in this thread, namely Jmac. He assumed that Bush's convictions are genuine.

I have not "assumed" anything. I have simply stated that there are some reasons to support the hypothesis that many politicians (not merely Bush) routinely profess deep religious convictions because it's politically expedient to do so. Gaining the fundamentalist vote is important, especially in the US.

Quote:

When I lived in TX when Bush was governor and long before he announced his aspirations for the Presidency, the guy went to church and said he read his Bible daily. That does not make him either a 'religious fanatic' or a 'fake religious fanatic'.
Neither does it "make" him a genuine Christian. Certainly the policies of his handlers- which he endorses- aren't very Christian. So what's your point?

Quote:

Probably could have a 'Temporary Godwin's Law' for controversial war decisions. Once the war is over, there can be temporary Godwin's law for some other controversial topic.
The topic of the illegal US invasion of Iraq isn't going to magically disappear when US troops pull out, Jae, no matter how much you would like it to. It will merely take its rightful place in the list of past US atrocities that are constantly cited by every intelligent person campaigning for change in our political systems.

--

Nancy: You're trying to imply that people who are honest about the US/UK war crimes in Iraq are conspiracy-theory-touting nuts. But it's not so. You're the only one who has brought up the topic of conspiracies here.

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: