View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 03:27 AM   #24
Valter
Rookie

Quote:
I think you're overlooking game balance. In the original FoC the Imps strategy was to have unlimited fighters (well basically) while the Rebels have stronger shields - effectively making a MonCal stronger. If the SD gets stronger than the MonCal then the MonCal has no tactical advantages over the SD anymore making the game unbalanced.
I'll tell you again, the rebel strategy in FOC is to outmaneuver the enemy, not overpower the enemy. Besides, the Mon Cal will always defeat a Imperial Star Destroyer in combat because of the "boost shields" ability.

Quote:
And giving the stronger Rebel fighters argument isn't valid anymore because the Imps now have TIE Defenders, TIE Interceptors and TIE Phantoms. That limits the Rebels immensely in terms of tactical advantages.
The rebels still have some advantages in the fighter department; The B-wings can lock s-foils, rendering the fighter virtually untouchable by laser fire and increasing the Incidence of bombing runs, A-wings are better than TIE Interceptors thanks to the "lure" ability and X-wings are faster than any TIE fighter (when using s-foils).

Quote:
And yes I do know how to use Rebels thank you very much! I can win with them in FoC despite the disadvantages, but the fact that they are so nerfed in this doesn't make it very much fun to use them anymore.
I agree with you here but I don't think giving Mon Cal's a hangar bay is the solution. Now THAT would cause balance problems like mass spamming X-wings and Y-wings.

Quote:
And Valter, your argument about them being Luxury cruisers is valid in the fact that they should be weaker than ISD's according to canon, but not valid towards whether they have a hangar or not. Either way I think MCs should receive a hangar for game balance and for canon.
What will giving the Mon Cal's a hangar bay solve? Tell me Specifically ...

"You will pay the price for your lack of vision!" - Palpatine
Valter is offline   you may: quote & reply,