View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #25
RoxStar

Current Game: Everything Zelda
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ave
You've probably already heard a lot about how kids nowadays are acting way more mature, but this is a bit topic. I go to the mall sometimes and see little girls, who look about ten, in micromini's and very tight t-shirts. I mean, somthing must be wrong here. They look like prostitutes, and they haven even began their periods.
I will agree with this, but I don't think its just "preteens" that have this problem, teenagers aren't exactly exempt for looking like prostitutes.

Quote:
I don't have a cell phone, I got my ipod on my 13th birthday(When I became a teenager), and labtops no kid needs until they go off to collage.
I understand your point, but iPods and cellphones and laptop computers (oh my!) only connotate "mature" people because older teenagers and adults used to use these exclusively. Cell phones are useful to all kids who separate from their parents on occasion. iPods aren't especially difficult to use and even young kids like to listen to music. Laptops also connotate work and work connotates old people, which may be where you're heading with that one?

Quote:
Kids are also getting WAY into relationships too quick. One of my cousins had dated over 10 girls before 4th grade. And that rate's not gonna slow down for kids anytime soon. With teen pregnancy growing to an alarmingly high rate, what will our future hold? Will these current tweens be our future teenage moms and dads?
Unless its particularly serious, most kids don't get into a real relationships until they're 25th-30th "girlfriend"

Quote:
What do you think about all of this? Do you think today's tweens are becoming more mature too quick? Why do you think all this is happning and who is to blame?
I blame Apple for iPods and cheap, affordable cell phones and plans for the phones. As for laptops, people suck at keeping computers clean and blame it on childish "games" so that might be why kids have their own computers.

RoxStar is offline   you may: