View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #30
Digitaldreamer
Rookie

Sorry for the double post, just needed to get this out and I figured making another post would help to alert people.

I'd like to formally apologize for begging so much for reviews. It really is rather greedy of me, and makes it seem as if I'm not thankful for the ones I have recieved. Don't worry, I'm honored to find I have a whole 80 reviews, that's insane for a Psychonauts fic, and I know from the hits that plenty of people read it as well. I truly am amazed that people come back to this thing week after week and keep reading, because in all honesty it hardly deserves it. There are plenty of other fics out there that deserve just as many reviews, hell, tons more at that.

I just hope people will understand that I'm really not trying to be greedy...I just work very, very hard at this fic, and when people just read and don't review, it makes me feel like my work isn't worth it. I'm not asking for reviews just to up my review count, I'm asking for them so I know...you know, people still want to read this thing. I still have eight or nine chapters to go, and each of those is likely to be fifteen pages or longer, most likely the latter. It's a lot of work..and don't get me wrong, I do enjoy writing it, and by no means am I doing it purely for reviews...but feedback is really what encourages me to keep going, and with all this on top of Twenty-five days, I could really use it.

By no means am I trying to say "review mine and no one elses", either. Like I've said, there are plenty of other fics out there that deserve just as many reviews, if not more. I think there should be a lot more reviewing all around. Psychonauts is a very small section, meaning every bit of feedback is important. Even if all you have to say is "Nice chapter, I liked it", taking the time to say those few words can mean the world to the author. It's stupidly idealistic of me, but I think if we could all try a hand at reviewing the fics we read a bit more, we could get this section going a lot faster.

But now I'm rambling on and on, so I should probably stop before someone throws a brick at me like I probably deserve...

Oh! Lastly, I'd like to take this time to shout out to two of you who have been faithful reviewers, as without you I probably would have given up a long time ago:

Miss Mayhem: From the beginning you've been around, and let me just say out of any reviews I get, it's your opinion I most look forward to. You're a vetren of this place, and words from you mean a lot. You've always got something nice to say, but if I've screwed up a bit you don't hesitate to tell me either. From the first chapter onward you've always reviewed, even when it took you awhile and I was a bit of a jerk about it.

Lord Pancake: You showed up around the middle of the fic, and have been around ever since. Hell, you even joined LM. You always seem excited by these stupid chapters, and that always makes me smile, although I do feel guilty since I pestered you the past few chapters. I'm terribly sorry about that, I just truly value your opinion and want to see what you think. Thanks a lot, man.

There are several others who deserve this as well (Strawhat Dragon, Kittens in Baskets, subzeroace) but I'm pretty sure none of them are here so I'd be wasting my breath. Just let it be known that I truly appreciate all of you and thank you for all the kind words you've given.

So to sum it all up, sorry for being such a review whore guys, and I hope you'll all continue to read and review to keep me from wanting to crawl under my desk and die if it suits you.

...right, that's all~!

...*dodges various thrown bricks and runs away*

“Raz,” Oleander groaned. “How many times do I have to tell you? You don't have to sneak in here past security every time you come anymore! You can just come in through the gate! You know, like everyone else?”

“Oh, I know. I just like this way better.”

--Cursum Perficio, chapter two, by Digitaldreamer.
Digitaldreamer is offline   you may: quote & reply,