View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 01:29 AM   #9
JRHockney*

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
I love the ledge grab! It's one of my favorite features. I've been a fan of the ledge grab since Tomb Raider. Holding a button could work (I would suggest the Crouch or Walk button for that). However, I've always found the grab to usually be quite intuitive as it is. I dare say I like it better when I automatically grab a ledge, especially since it can be a last-ditch "save" you never expected to have as you get kicked off a ledge. Very dramatic.
I would prefer a button for it though. There's just too much frustration about doing it automatically. Jump would work, but it might be more intuitive to have a button like crouch do it since then you'd be able to jump up the side of a cliff without grabing it if you dont want to grab it.

Quote:
As far as the real-life difficulty of pulling up on a ledge... my experience is that it's easier by far than doing pullups on a bar. Having a surface to balance your body against helps a ton, even if for some reason you can't use your feet.
Well, we dont have using your feet animated in the animation. And, it depends on what your foot holds are and if you can reach around something at the top of the ledge. If its just flat at the top it can be hard to push against he cliff with your feet and keep a good grip. But yeah, it really depends on the cliff itself.

Game screen name: Master Jon Hoc Ni

UDM Quote: in singapore, gangsters are...skinny jacka**es who think they can 0wn you. they hurl insults at u, and then lose in a fight. n00bs
JRHockney* is offline   you may: quote & reply,