View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #72
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
Otaktay wondered into his favorite bar on Nar Shadaa, and that was saying alot considering he hated anything on Nar Shadaa, and severely disliked alcohol. But he had a friend at the bar, an old rodian who understood quite a bit of Otak's language, often allowing him to speak to someone in his own tongue instead of using an annoying voice mimicry system.

Otak saw the gang of humans cleaning the place, looking rather frightened of something and depressed at the work they had to do. Otak took a few long strides, and was at the bar, the old rodian, Hergat, looked up from cleaning a glass, his brow wrinkled into a smile, what little of lips he had did the same.

"Hello Sage, how are you today?" He said rather slowly, as if Otak were stupid, or didn't understand basic, which he did, his vocal organs just didn't have the capability to form the sounds and noises of the language known as basic. Otak was very patient though, and even prefered the way the rodian talked to him, it often calmed him down, though he never understood why.

"[Hello]" came the reply in Otak's native tongue.

"What'll it be today Sage?" Asked Hergat.

"[Info]" came the common single word reply.

Hergat digested this, probably trying to remember what the word Otak had said means. "What kind?" Finally came the response.

"[rides, ships, vessels]" came the simple response.

Hergat knew these words nearly instantly, Otak often asked for those things. "One moment my friend," he said kindly. Moments later he came back with nothing but a napkin with words written on it. "Okay, let me see here...hm...there's an old garbage barge..." Hergat paused, while Otak let out an annoyed low growl. "...We have a spice freighter, but that's scheduled for self destruct by a rival crime boss of the owner of that ship....hm....a ship one of my friends came in on recently, don't know much more on it....hm....and there's a small two person hyperspace capable family shuttle in own of the docks several stories up from here, in the upper middle class district," said Hergat, a little skeptical on the last one.

Otak just let out a half growl half sigh, causing Hergat to cringe a little. Otak looked at the napkin in Hergat's hand, an idea came to him, Otak giving a nod to himself, he patted Hergat's shoulder, giving him 50 credits for a 'goodbye' present, and turned away and left. Hergat just stood there, a little confused at what just happened, holding the 50 credit chip in his hand, looking at it like it was some sacred thing.

Otak left the cantina rather quickly, looking around warily at his surroundings, knowing he wasn't exactly liked on Nar Shadaa. He charged out of that small region heading for the nearby Corellian district. After enough trotting he came to the district, but didn't slow done very much to look at the scenery. But something happpened he never expected, he saw a Sangheili, but a very familiar one. Otak stopped dead, staring at this Sangheili walking off, not really pausing for anything. The Sangheili turned a bit, and this Sangheili looked very, VERY familiar, it was Ulim. Otak was more concerned than surprised, or happy, so he trotted up to the ever moving alien.

Otak tapped Ulim's shoulder with his clawed fingure, stepping back a bit, not knowing how Ulim would react.

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,