View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 05:06 AM   #22
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Thumbs down Big thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorace
I just don't see it being a problem. Such high level crossover as you're suggesting would indicate that the player would be very high level anyway, so they'd be a killing machine anyway.
Where did I suggest HIGH LEVEL crossovers? Luke and Kyle?
Luke couldn't friggin hold his own against the GHOST of a sith lord, let alone defeat one in the movies. Kyle had to re-learn the same thing over and over again 3 times before it finally sticked to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
If they're high level, I don't see any problem with allowing them to specialize merc or jedi or something in between.
Well you certainly aren't seeing a problem with allowing them to specialize in something in between, but you are seeing a problem with letting them specialize in the other two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
Secondly, just because we don't always take your advice doesn't mean it's not an open project. :|
I must've not made myself clear enough, the emphasis goes on the JEDI in the OPEN JEDI PROJECT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM
Max: when you are involved in a huge gang fight eg. 4 players and above, you normally concentrate on ONE person alone anyway. In which case, it's still a 1 on 1 situation. In fact, when playing Quake or any other shooter games for that matter, no one in the right mind will try to strike an enemy and when he fails to kill him, he'll then go for another one. You're just opening yourself to more attacks.
If someone happens to get out of my reach I'm not gonna say: "Oh, he's gone, I'm gonna sit down now.." ESPECIALLY not in a mod like OJP, where it doesn't matter if you die or live because ZING ZING respawn instantly!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM
And Razor has a point. If a merc can be as powerful as you describe, then why can't the pure Jedi (assuming we've got more force powers and skills)? lol
I am the only one that read that he doesn't want to give Jedi any more credit and doesn't want them to be more powerful? How do you think Jedi should be more powerful when the gunner or crossclass can take everything the Jedi can take and more? Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM
Besides, we can "penalize" cross characters by adjusting skill points cost.
I don't agree with this but whatever.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,