Old 12-11-2006, 08:01 AM   #29
Maxstate
I forgot.... what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathain Valtiel
Sigh... how boring. But nevertheless...

Max:

1: You said:

And that is wrong simply because it is a generalization rigged in your favor. In fact it would be stupid and a waste of points in the current climate when instead the gunner could instead do what I do, namely dance away from your strikes and combination seeker droid+bowcaster+charbroil(+ optional sentry gun) you to death. Jawa Bond's strategy of raining death from above with his jetpack blaster rifle, bowcaster, and rocket launcher is also effective (and easily counterable from the start because by his own admission he does not use absorb). Do not lump gun users into one category.
1: How is this in any case relevant? I'm talking from experience with playing with people on the Euro server. I've seen all kinds of exploits and I'm just naming them here, and I'm saying what CAN and WILL happen once people figure this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathain
2: Congratulations on finally making a legitimate point. Being able to use Jump 3 in combination with the Jetpack to render fuel concerns moot is rightly insane (despite the 24 minimum point cost), something needs to be nerfed here. I would recommend halting Jetpack fuel restoration while jumping is being done.
2: Yeah thanks, I'm keeping my congratulations card in my pocket still untill you can do the same thing. And how about they just don't get access to jump 3, and get Jump 2 instead? Leave the high level force powers to the Jedi who deserve them.
Quote:
Kindly explain the fatigue threshold for me if you would, because restricting Jedi movement is not something that should be done lightly.
Once a Jedi's FP reaches 10 or below it you start moving and attacking really slowly to simulate fatigue. Gunners don't have this problem. They can for example use lightning 3 to 10-15 FP and then finish someone off with a rocket everytime they want to kill someone and have no reprecussions for doing so.

Quote:
3: Well, that's what happens when you choose to operate in a mode called "FREE FOR ALL". You will excuse some of us for taking the name literally. We've had this discussion before.
But then I can take your argument and say that if it's free for all, then Jedi are also free to fight other Jedi and be left alone.
Score-whoring is the last thing I want to see in OJP.
Quote:
Lastly, anyone who waits more than a few seconds for your duel to end is crazy (he could be off gaining more points), but for his dedication he SHOULD be able to blast you after you're done.
He MIGHT, and COULD, but not SHOULD.
Quote:

Honestly, here you're asking for your cake and wanting to eat it too. You can't reasonably call for movie realism when in fact it would be realistic for somebody with a heavy weapon to be able to joltingly disrupt your lightsaber battle. Such battles require intense concentration, and indeed in such situations an outside force has an advantage if he chooses to intervene. It's unfortunate, BUT IT IS REALISTIC. Your recourse is the saber challenge. If you want, why don't you simply ask Razor to remove the Force Power restrictions on it? Why WOULDN'T he do it?
I'm not a big believer in movie realism and I've never tried to make that point really clear (I kinda lost belief in that when certain things were added). Ace is the one that likes movie-realism but also wants to keep it an FFA inspired mod that has nothing to do with realism or movie realism.
The force restriction is just ONE aspect of dueling mode. Noone wants to have to go into dueling mode just to have a 2 minute undisturbed duel. You want me to take out the dueling card on this? Every time someone in the movies dueled there were no gunners present, or the gunners took a different way or went somewhere else. Think Ep1 when they met Dath Maul in the hanger.
Quote:
4: The benefit is entirely in your hands by how you choose to spend your points.
No, because if a Jedi wants to STAY a Jedi and nothing else, they are severely limited in power and choice, and that's what bothers me.
Quote:

Almost all of what you listed is HORRIFICALLY EXPENSIVE, thermals, rocket launchers, detpacks among them. A sentry droid isn't hard to use as far as I can tell. The other two may simply require point adjustment.
A thermal or a detpack is 8 points as far as I recall and it drains a Jedi's full DP meter to the point where a pistol is enough to finish him off. That's not expensive.
Quote:

Actually, a level of Force Lightning requires a mighty 8 points, quite respectable, and ditching the pack nets you exactly one more level at two. But a Jedi CAN counter that: Force Absorb, Force Push, Force Pull (bye bowcaster!), or even his own Force Lightning (he can't fire when knocked down)... I like the idea that activating it results in Lightning damaging whoever used it myself...
A JEDI CAN'T COUNTER IT because if he is assaulted by lightning he will still block it and it will still drain his DP! Pull doesn't work that way either anymore.
Quote:
However, I do think that Saber abilities are a bit too expensive and recommend lowering all of their costs to 3.
LOL what's the use of even having Jedi then?
Quote:

5: It already does this by making big guns significantly more expensive than Neutral and Light Force counterparts, namely Lightning and Grip. Fully mastering the Rocket Launcher costs exactly the same now as fully mastering the saber, for example.
No it doesn't, mastering the rocket launcher costs 8 points. You don't master anything beyond the point you buy it, you just get an extra shot.
Quote:

What you're asking for is a difficult feat of coding from what I can tell. The closest thing to it is Promod, in which daring to take a certain level of gun skill, of ANY gun skill, started locking out any and all ability to gain higher levels of all Force. But that's child's play compared to what you want. The logistics of it would be annoying as sin.
Then try something more simple, I'm not TELLING or limiting anyone to anything, I'm giving out suggestions which is the exact thing that these boards are for.
Quote:

6: They sacrifice points that could've been used for other powers. Seems simple enough.
If they want one, they can have it, but they can't have the other. If they want both, they can have a simple level of both but not high levels of both.
Unless they're in the higher skill ranges.
Quote:

7: The point here is that Kyle DID have it all. So really, this line of argument is not helping you.
No, the point is that Kyle didn't spend time training anything. He just got his powers handed back to him without having to train for anything.
I don't think that's movie realistic or realistic at all, which is what I think (or thought..) Ace was going for.

----
Quote:
It seems obvious to me that a big wan with you guys is the ability to use Lightning in conjunction with heavy weaponry. In that case, we could simply suppress Lightning's use when those weapons are out. *Shrug*
I wouldn't be really content with that, but I guess I don't have any other options seeing as how you all want it this way.

Maxstate is offline   you may: quote & reply,