View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #2
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Prologue

“There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.”

- The Jedi Code

On the Republic planet of Coruscant, inside one of the many training rooms in the Jedi Temple, the Twi’lek Jedi Master, Nauk Grelan sat, deep in meditation. Nauk was one of the greatest Jedi Masters in the Jedi Order, who had been trained under Zhar Lestin, another Twi’lek Jedi Master. He had a dark, purple skin colour and blue eyes. His clothing was a Jedi robe, like every single Jedi in the Order. His particular robe was a blue coloured robe, similar to his master’s robe. Around his waist was his belt, which held his two important weapons. Two Lightsabers. A Lightsaber was the most important weapon in the Jedi Order and every Jedi used one, or in Nauk’s case, two.

“Master!” Someone shouted, “Master Grelan!”

Nauk’s eyes opened and behind him, he sensed his apprentice, Quallan. Quallan was a young Human apprentice in the Jedi Order. He was Nauk’s first and only apprentice who he taught. Nauk stood up and turned to bow towards his apprentice. His apprentice bowed back.

“Master Grelan, I have something to tell you.” He told his master.

“Go on,” Nauk asked his apprentice, wondering what he was going to tell him.

“Revan and Malak are leaving to help the ailing Republic against the Mandalorians,” He told Nauk, “And I’m one of the many who have decided to help them.”

Nauk immediately shook his head in dismay.

“No Padawan, you cannot join Padawans, Revan and Malak,” Nauk advised, “Heed the wisdom of the Jedi Council and stay with the Order.”

“Why?” Quallan asked, sounding slightly rude.

Nauk turned away from Quallan and looked out of the window to see Revan and Malak outside of the Jedi Temple, with many students from the Order. By the looks of the way he stood, he looked like he was giving an announcement. Nauk sighed, before returning to speak with Quallan.

“I beg of you, please remain here and wait for the right moment…”

“Right moment?” Quallan asked, his anger rising, “Master, this is the right moment! Millions of innocent people are dying!”

“There is no emotion, there is peace,” Nauk interrupted, reciting the first line of the Jedi Code.

“Master, the Jedi Code is flawed!” Quallan shouted at his master, “I thought Jedi were keepers of the peace!”

“That doesn’t make us soldiers, my young Padawan,” Nauk told him, “The Jedi are aware of the situation, but we can’t aid the Republic, until the time is right,” He paused to think on into the future, “It will not be long, until that time arrives.”

Quallan ignited his blue Lightsaber and struck at his master, but Nauk immediately blocked Quallan’s Lightsaber with his yellow and purple Lightsabers.

“Calm yourself Padawan!” Nauk warned, remembering to keep calm with the Jedi Code, “Come to your senses.”

Quallan switched off his Lightsaber and returned it to his belt. Nauk also returned his Lightsabers to his belt. The master and apprentice stood and stared at each other, shocked at each other’s behaviour. After two minutes of silence, Quallan ended the silence.

“I will not change my mind master. I’m going to help those who need it most and you are not going to stop me!”

Quallan stormed off, leaving Nauk alone once again. Nauk closed his eyes and muttered another line from the Jedi Code to himself.

“There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.”

Nauk then returned his view to see Revan and Malak, along with their army ready to leave Coruscant and fight the Mandalorians. Nauk felt ashamed for his apprentice, as he left the meditation room.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: