Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
----------------------------------------
PART I
Lehon
----------------------------------------

Chapter I - Gate to the Temple of Ancients

"This planet's like a technological graveyard."
- Canderous Ordo, Mandalore

Ouch! Sera Tana, the Jedi Exile thought, as she rubbed the spot where her head had hit the above bunk. She let a small groan escape her lips, before getting up out of her bunk. She reached for her grey robes and slipped them over her lighter grey tunic. After a quick stretch, Sera left the port dormitory to go to the cockpit. She needed to check how much further it was to Lehon.

When she reached the cockpit, the communications system in the room behind her rung. Sera immediately got up and answered the call. When Sera answered the message, a hologram of a small man appeared. It was from Canderous Ordo, the Mandalore of the Mandalorian clan, Ordo. He was dressed in his normal silver armour, but he had removed his helmet, showing a face with grey hair and a long black beard.

“Sera, it’s Canderous,” The message began, “Kelborn and I have been beginning to colonise our new base, since our first base on Dxun. We’ve gathered outside the Temple of Ancients. Unfortunately there isn’t enough room for the Ebon Hawk to land, so you’ll have to land on the nearby beach,” The hologram started becoming static before the hologram continued, “But beware. There are several bounty hunters, still after your blood.”

The hologram turned itself off and Sera sighed, pushing her short blonde hair backwards. If there were still bounty hunters after her, then the Exchange must still be around. Sera sighed out loud. Sera was about to leave the communications room, when the communications system rang again. Sera sighed and answered the second call. Once again, the hologram of Canderous appeared.

“Sorry to disturb you once again Sera,” Canderous began, “HK is becoming impatient with the lack of native Rancors to kill. Please take him with you, he has been annoying me, since we landed on Lehon.”

Once again, the hologram turned itself off. The white-coloured Utility Droid, T3-M4 beeped, which startled Sera.

“T3, you made me jump,” Sera told him, “We’re on our way to Lehon, to meet up with Canderous.”

T3 beeped several more times before leaving the communications room.

Several Mandalorian warriors were helping to build the base. Canderous thought it was a good choice to build the base near the Temple of Ancients. If anyone attacked the base, then the Mandalorians could always retreat into the temple. He had a feeling that this base was going to be a lot better than the old one on Dxun. Of course, Dxun would still be used from time to time, but the more planets clan Ordo had, the better Canderous felt.

“Query: Are there any Meatbags to kill, Mandalorian meatbag?” HK-47, the red-coloured Assassin Droid asked.

Canderous sighed for the one-hundredth time in one day.

“Listen Droid, I keep telling you, no!” Canderous shouted, causing several of the clan to look at him, “Your master is about to arrive, so why don’t you go and greet her?”

“Statement: I will gladly do that, Mandalorian meatbag,” HK told Canderous, storming off into the unknown.

“And don’t call me a meatbag Droid!” Canderous shouted after him.

The Ebon Hawk prepared to land on the beach, which according to Canderous, was nearby his new base. Sera noticed that there were several people waiting for her below and she knew that they weren’t Mandalorians. As the ship landed, Sera clutched onto her Lightsaber and walked out of the ship, along with T3. Several blaster rifles were aimed at her. Well this isn’t the greatest greeting I’ve had in my life, Sera thought as she clutched onto her Lightsaber even more. The leader of the group walked towards Sera.

“So this is the last of the Jedi?” The leader asked, “I have to admit, I’m a little disappointed.”

Sera sighed.

“You know that you’re the second person to tell me that,” Sera told the leader, “Why don’t you return to Nar Shaddaa and try and make some money?”

“Oh we would,” The leader told Sera, “But if we bring you to the Nar Shaddaa dead or alive, then you’re going to make us rich and we will never need to work again.”

Sera immediately grabbed her Lightsaber out of her belt and ignited it, causing a blue blade to appear. The gentle hum of her Lightsaber accompanied the blade.

“If you don’t wish any of your limbs to be separated, I suggest you leave now,” Sera warned the group.

The group took her advice and ran off. The leader didn’t budge.

“Lightsabers don’t intimidate me at all, Jedi,” The leader told Sera, “So surrender and I can spare your…”

Sera could hear the sound of a blaster rifle nearby and the shots killed the leader. Sera squinted and in the distance, she saw HK.

“HK, you know a Jedi like myself can handle bounty hunters like that,” Sera told HK.

“Statement: Master, the meatbags clearly caused you a lot of difficulty,” HK told Sera, “Besides the Mandalorian meatbag sent me to greet you.”

Sera bowed towards HK.

“And that is how I’ll greet you from now on,” Sera told HK, “Now, let’s get to Canderous.”

“Statement: One problem there, master,” HK warned Sera, “I noticed several other meatbags after you. It is best that both me and the short bag of bolts come with you.”

“I’d appreciate that HK,” Sera told him, “Now let’s get going.”
Diego Varen is offline   you may: