View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #7
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Chapter V - An Encounter with a Sith

"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."
- Darth Maul

Inside the Temple of Ancients, Sera felt cold. She believed that the temple was tainted with the dark side, similar to the dark taint, she had sensed inside the Shyrack caves and the Sith Academy on Korriban. Only this time, it was different. The dark side felt stronger here, like there was no way to calm its taint. It was strange how nobody had attacked Sera at all. On Korriban, Sith Assassins and Hssiss, who were also known as the dark side dragons, had attacked Sera on Korriban. Sera decided not to think about the dark side, as she arrived at the top of the temple.

It was her, he thought, I hate you because you are so beautiful to me and in that weakness lies death. He ignited his Lightsaber and a crimson blade appeared. His opponent, the Jedi Exile also ignited her Lightsaber, causing a blue blade to appear.

“Who are you?” The Jedi Exile asked, pointing her Lightsaber at him.

He said nothing as he leapt towards the Jedi Exile and she parried his attacks.

As Sera and her new opponent were fighting, she felt as if she had fought her opponent before. But she had fought many Sith in the past and as one person had told her, faces tend to blend together over time. Or in this case, battle styles tend to blend together over time. Her opponent used the Force to push her backwards, knocking her into the wall. Just before Sera went unconscious, she noticed her hidden opponent sped off.

Inside the now destroyed Jedi Temple on Coruscant, the Twi’lek Jedi Master, Nauk Grelan looked at the thousands of the rotting, decaying bodies. He knew all of those Jedi. He had once taught them all how to use their Lightsaber well. Now all that training seemed to have gone to waste, after the attack on the Jedi Temple. He remembered that day well. Prior to the destruction of the Republic cruiser, the Endar Spire, a legion of Sith Soldiers had attacked. Nobody had an idea that it would case this much damage. Nauk was the only survivor. Perhaps many more Jedi would’ve survived, if the other Jedi Masters were at the temple. But would it make a difference? Nauk sighed as he sat down on the floor and once again, meditated.

Sera woke up. Another dream. It was about the same Jedi Master she had seen in her previous dreams. Sera decided to leave the temple. She knew where she had to go.

Sera left the temple and was greeted by Canderous.

“How did it go?” He asked.

“The dark side has returned,” Sera told Canderous, her face paler than normal, “I fought a disciple of the Sith at the top of the temple. He is a very powerful foe indeed. I don’t think it is suitable for you to have your base here, Canderous.”

“Don’t you worry,” Canderous reassured her, “Clan Ordo can handle any foe, whether it is a Jedi or a Sith, they’ll be killed straight away.”

Sera walked away from Canderous and looked up at the clear blue sky. She noticed a ship flying away in the distance. That is him, Sera thought, he is retreating from Lehon. I must stop him. Sera clutched onto her Lightsaber, which was in her pocket, before letting it go. The Sith had left and Sera knew that she had to follow, but she would need some help. From the Jedi Master on Coruscant.

“Good luck Canderous,” Sera told Canderous, “You can handle yourself here. I must defeat the dark side, before it is too late.”

Both HK and T3 followed her back to the Ebon Hawk and the ship left the planet, on the way to Coruscant.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: