View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 04:48 AM   #34
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD
Do you know that how much Fire Power they encountered in Mandalorian Wars?
If they were wise, probably not a lot. Contrary to the movies, generals and admirals don't participate in the actual battles and lead charges; they stay in secure, undisclosed locations and deal with mental challanges (managing a war is a lot of work) over physical ones. Malak might not've (since he's portrayed as being as a good a tactician as a trash heap), but I highly doubt he charged into the enemy lines without any backup.

Quote:
Malak was specially known to recklessely charge in to dangerous fights and win.
Really now, it's never even stated how many troops he went up against, or if he was getting any help at all. I can accept the idea that he'd risk his life, but that statement is quite vague, and I wouldn't consider it a very good source.

Quote:
Those wookiees stand no chance. They can't defend against Force Attacks and both Revan and Malak were master swordsmen. They will deflect any blaster fire coming towards them.
I won't deny they're both stronger than the average Wookiee, because they both obviously were. However, with large enough numbers they could be killed. If Revan and Malak were surrounded by one hundred of them all firing at once, would they really stand a chance? Of course not. They'd be shot dead on the spot.

I'll say it again: Revan and Malak are not all-powerful Force gods. If you blast them, they die.

Quote:
And why would Wookiees do such a job for Jolee? He did not seem to had any popular gathering of wookiees at his disposal.
All the Wookiees seemed to have a great deal of respect for Jolee. If he told them that he was going to kill the two most evil men in the known galaxy, I'd venture that they would help him. Not only as a favor, but I doubt they'd think he was lying about that.

Quote:
Rakatan Leader said that all the scouting parties he sent towards Revan and Malak were destroyed by them. Which automatically means that many of his warriors died in the attack.
No, it doesn't. It may have been "all his scouting parties", but for all we know those could have been as many a hundred warriors (unlikely) to merely ten. Not all the Rakata were part of those parties, after all. As no specific numbers were stated, there's very little credence towards that statement.

Quote:
Same would have happened in Revan's previous visit. And those Sith Lords had no trouble in dealing with these kinds of threats.
Don't ignore simple tactics. Anyone familiar with the local terrain will have one type of advantage of the people who don't, whether they could survive in it or not. Revan and Malak may be Sith Lords, but they're not exempt from the basic laws of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,