Thread: Jolee knew how?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 09:53 AM   #36
S_W_LeGenD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
If they were wise, probably not a lot. Contrary to the movies, generals and admirals don't participate in the actual battles and lead charges; they stay in secure, undisclosed locations and deal with mental challanges (managing a war is a lot of work) over physical ones. Malak might not've (since he's portrayed as being as a good a tactician as a trash heap), but I highly doubt he charged into the enemy lines without any backup.
What makes you say that Revan himself never participated in battles? He was not a common commander or something. He was a powerful Jedi Knight and was not afraid of any one.

Revan was very famous for killing Mandalore - The Ultimate by himself in a single battle. What you have to say about this then? (This case clearly shows that Leader of one army actually fought against the Leader of the other army in a personal battle to gain advantage and fame.)

And this also shows that Revan actively participated in Combat operations whenever necessary, and not just commanded the Republic Forces.

Quote:
Really now, it's never even stated how many troops he went up against, or if he was getting any help at all. I can accept the idea that he'd risk his life, but that statement is quite vague, and I wouldn't consider it a very good source.
Do you have to be spoon-fed on all things? Malak himself fought in many pitched battles against Mandalorians and he won in many such encounters. Why is this so difficult to understand? And my point is that Fire-power used in wars are much greater then in any other case.

Please avoid flame-baiting. --Jae

Quote:
I won't deny they're both stronger than the average Wookiee, because they both obviously were. However, with large enough numbers they could be killed. If Revan and Malak were surrounded by one hundred of them all firing at once, would they really stand a chance? Of course not. They'd be shot dead on the spot.
Much more stronger then an average wookiee is more accurate term. Jedi have precognition and telekinetic abilities. And these things give them massive edge over other individuals.

Experienced Jedi can easily deflect blaster fire with Light Sabers. And you are making a one sided scenario in which wookiees will fire and Jedi will not do their best to defeat them, which is pure wrong. Jedi will definately try to over-power their opponents through knowledge of Force, which gives them ultimate edge in any case.

And Revan proved on Star Forge, that he is capable enough to fight against heavy odds and prevail.

Quote:
I'll say it again: Revan and Malak are not all-powerful Force gods. If you blast them, they die.
No one is saying this but they were very powerful indeed.

Quote:
All the Wookiees seemed to have a great deal of respect for Jolee. If he told them that he was going to kill the two most evil men in the known galaxy, I'd venture that they would help him. Not only as a favor, but I doubt they'd think he was lying about that.
Respect is one thing but their were hardly any devoted wookiee followers of Jolee. We have noted this when we visit shadowlands. Czerka men openly killed wookiees where-ever they wanted to and yet Jolee hardly fought against them. So it is highly unlikely that Jolee can organize such a large gathering to fight for him and that too against very powerful Sith Lords, who will pose a much greater threat to them then Czerka men.

Also it is obvious that Revan and Malak would have met many wookiees in their visit to Kashyyyk. And no wookiee offered resistance or if some of them really did then they got pawned.

Quote:
No, it doesn't. It may have been "all his scouting parties", but for all we know those could have been as many a hundred warriors (unlikely) to merely ten. Not all the Rakata were part of those parties, after all. As no specific numbers were stated, there's very little credence towards that statement.
You are just stating your opinion, which is not true. The One said that many of his warriors were killed by Revan and Malak actually. It is time for you to get over this or play KOTOR again to verify the facts yourself.

Quote:
Don't ignore simple tactics. Anyone familiar with the local terrain will have one type of advantage of the people who don't, whether they could survive in it or not. Revan and Malak may be Sith Lords, but they're not exempt from the basic laws of nature.
Of-course! Revan and Malak were not exempt from laws of nature but they surely knew how to defend themselves. They had vast experience and many other advantages at their disposal to give them edge against wookiees.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD; 12-22-2006 at 01:36 PM.
S_W_LeGenD is offline   you may: quote & reply,