View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #20
Windu Chi
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Dravis
I'm not ruling them out. I'm saying that there is no current, verfiable reason to believe in them.
That is your opinion then, but some people going to believe what they are going to believe in, no logic or reasonable explanation going convince them otherwise.

Quote:
Would you tell someone that believes that babies come from storks that they're wrong?
Hmm, I see what you are trying to do here.

Quote:
Why or why not?
The idea that babies come from storks is straight bulls*t, but you are trying to come up with ridiculous questions, to make me change my opinions.

Quote:
Why do they sound rediculous? What gives them that quality?
They are manipulative questions, Samuel.

Quote:
Let me tell you something: I really don't like not knowing something too. I think it's much more fun to know why something happens than to be forced to say I have no idea. However, that doesn't mean that I start believing in something for which I have no other reason to believe it.
Once again, that is your opinion.

Quote:
But it has a problem. There's no hard evidence for it. All it comes down to is personal opinion. While that may be enough for some, I don't see how it makes sense to utilize that belief in any sense other than a thoughtgame.
The really hard evidence is missing because of government secrecy.
If you don't believe the governments of this planet keep secrets from their public citizens.
And I'm not talking of military secrets, only.
Then all I can do is

Quote:
All the unified field theories in the past have fallen flat on their collective faces.
I'm more on the opinion that there is no unfied field theory, but those theories may have useful application to things like interstellar travel.
Quote:
I'll reserve judgement until it's proven, or at least provable. Until then, it is a guess (perhaps an educated one), which may or may not be true. I wouldn't start living my life around that theory if I were you.
Well, most physics theories have pan out, so I will continue to pay close attention to this one, ELECTROGRAVITATION.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,