View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #21
Samuel Dravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windu6
Hmm, I see what you are trying to do here.

The idea that babies come from storks is straight bulls*t, but you are trying to come up with ridiculous questions, to make me change my opinions.

They are manipulative questions, Samuel.
How is it manipulative to compare two examples of the same reasoning - or lack thereof - and ask why they are not treated the same way? If you don't want to answer the question since it is uncomfortable for you to do so because the answer challenges your beliefs, then that's something you should overcome. Self-imposed irrationality is the most insidious kind. If you don't answer those questions, I will simply assume you have no answer to them that doesn't contradict your previous statements.

And yes, my arguments are meant to convince you of my view. That's why it's a debate.

Quote:
Once again, that is your opinion.
Can you give me a good reason to have any other? Can you give a good, concrete reason for anyone to have a different opinion?

Quote:
The really hard evidence is missing because of government secrecy.
If you don't believe the governments of this planet keep secrets from their public citizens.
And I'm not talking of military secrets, only.
Then all I can do is
If there was a government conspiracy to keep us from knowing about aliens, it would have fallen apart 50 years ago. There's no way that that many people could know about it and never leak anything substantial. That would be an inhuman accomplishment, much like other conspiracy theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windu6
That is your opinion then, but some people going to believe what they are going to believe in, no logic or reasonable explanation going convince them otherwise.
Okay, then I won't bother you anymore if you don't want to listen.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,