View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 02:06 AM   #39
Windu Chi
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Those you mention above are pseudoskeptics, people who pretend to use scientific skepticism to invalidate the overall consensus of science itself. The tactics they use are not accepted by true skeptics since they have clear and preconceived conclusions and the only data they accept is that which supports it. Very often, the pseudoskeptic ignores, irrationally rejects, or is otherwise completely ignorant of data that contradicts their preconceived conclusions.
I never heard of pseudoskeptics.
Thats a new one.
I think those who believe global warming is a hoax, just don't want to accept the evidence.

Quote:
Then where is the evidence? The universe and this galaxy may be teaming with life, some of it intelligent, but there certainly isn't any "evidence" of it.
The only evidence that will satisfy you, if you could have a beer with one of the Grays.
The video evidence is bullsh*t, the pictures is bullsh*t, the millions of witnesses is bullsh*t, the governments lying and contradictions for explanations is all bullsh*t, right?

Quote:
This is a comment that demonstrates that you haven't the first idea of what being skeptical truly means. Educate yourself.

And this is a comment that reveals that you either have some testable evidence that you keep private (unlikely) or you're simply credulous.
Skeptic: someone who habitually doubts accepted beliefs.
But I believe a skeptic doubts everything, that they don't experience with all their 5 senses.
But then if that is satisfied, they will probably still question it.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,