View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #11
Spider AL
A well-spoken villain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
The 'Left Behind' series is fiction. I don't think Jenkins ever intended for it to be a literal version of Revelation. It's meant to entertain
The bible is also fiction, but that doesn't stop unscrupulous people from using it to influence others. And according to Lahaye and Jenkins, (the authors of "Left Behind") to exercise this literary influence WAS one of their goals:

"Right away [before the first book was written] Dr. LaHaye told Jenkins he wanted to try to reach both the believer and the unbeliever."

"... As difficult as that was, it proved to be a stroke of genius on his (Dr. LaHaye's) part … (because) we have ultimately reached both audiences—believers and unbelievers! What's even more exciting," Jenkins continues, "is that many people have come to know Christ. That's been the dynamic from the very beginning."

"In fact, one of the hallmarks of the Left Behind series has become the inclusion in each book of at least one event described by Dr. LaHaye as 'a believable conversion that's reproducible in the heart of the reader.'"

And judging by the indoctrinatory industry that has sprung up around the "Left Behind" series of propaganda documents, I'd suggest that whatever the intensity of their desire to "entertain", it is far less important than their desire to indoctrinate, or the fact that the "novels" are currently being directly used to further evils.

References: LeftBehind.com Yuck.

PS: I actually forced myself to read some extracts from the novel before posting this. The main character in the original is called "Rayford Steele". I poop you not. It's not only immoral propaganda, it's a crime against literature!

[FW] Spider AL
--
Hewwo, meesa Jar-Jar Binks. Yeah. Excusing me, but me needs to go bust meesa head in with dissa claw-hammer, because yousa have stripped away meesa will to living.
Spider AL is offline   you may: quote & reply,