View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #32
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
I like to mix older and newer games when playing, depending on what I feel like at the moment. Some of the more recent ones (relatively speaking) I've played are:

Roleplaying games
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 (Fantasy RPG)
  • Planescape:Torment (Weird but very good Planar Fantasy RPG)
  • Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines (Present day occult FPS/RPG hybrid. Very good game)
  • Deus Ex (Old but good near-future FPS/RPG hybrid with good story and varying gameplay)
  • Deus Ex:Invisible War (The sequel. Not quite as good as the prequel, but still fun.)
  • The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind and Oblivion (Fantasy action RPGs with open world design)
  • Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords (duh...)
  • System Shock 2 (Very creepy Survival Horror/FPS/ActionRPG hybrid. Old but still good.)

First person shooters
  • Halo (Fairly generic shooter but gets the adrenaline pumping)
  • Farcry (The same, but with nicer outdoors environments)
  • Jedi Knight II:Jedi Academy (FPS with force powers and lightsabers. Quite fun still)

Other
  • Tomb Raider:Legend (Adventure/Exploration/Puzzle game. Fun but a bit hard at times)
  • Civilization IV (Turn-based strategy, play through history game. Tremendous time sink.)
  • Alpha Centauri (Similar to Civ IV but with a science fiction theme and a bit more advanced. Equally tremendous time sink.)
  • Star Trek:Bridge Commander (Starship simulator, fun to play every now and then and try out new mods.)
  • Master of Orion II:Battle at Antares (turn based strategy in space. Old but a classic.)

Last edited by stoffe; 01-17-2007 at 11:20 PM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,