View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 04:26 PM   #732
JasraLantill
No One Liners

Current Game: SWOTR
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Alderaan News Holopics contributor LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Meanwhile, in Vros' secret lair....

~~~~~

Thump. Thump. Thump, ka-dunk.

Jasra’s eyes quickly flicked to the right and then back again. She let out a bored sigh.

“So, Jasra,” Bastila started from the Force cage to Jasra’s left, “tell me how a Jedi Padawan, such as yourself, got involved with this… this….”

From his cage on the other side of Bastila, Brax said, “Omwati,” followed by a quick acerbic grin.

“It’s complicated, Master Shan,” Jasra answered. “It involves… time travel among other things.”

“Time travel?”

Jasra gave the Jedi Master a hard stare. “Did I stutter when I said that?” she snapped at Bastila. “Yes, time travel!”

“I didn’t think that was possible,” Bastila mused.

“Well, apparently, it is,” Jasra said sarcastically. She sighed again. “Look, can we talk about something else? Like how we’re going to get out of here?”

“We’ll just have to be patient and wait for help to arrive or an opportunity to present itself,” said Bastila.

“But what if nobody comes?” Jasra asked her. “We can’t depend on a rescue. We have to do something ourselves.”

“Well we can’t do anything with those Ysalamiri hanging over our heads,” Bastila told her.

“No, we just can’t do anything that uses the Force,” Brax stated. He flexed the claws on his gauntlets. “We must think of alternatives.”

Jasra shifted her position to better see Brax through Bastila’s cage. “Brax, you think you can cut the bottom out of your cage?” she asked him.

Brax shook his head. “I’ve tried. The Force field surrounds the entire cage. My gauntlets will not penetrate it.”

“So we have to think outside the box…,” Jasra said, thinking out loud.

Thump. Thump….

Jasra cringed and let out a loud sigh of frustration. “WOULD YOU STOP THAT!” she shouted, turning to the right and glaring at Atton in the cage next to her.

There was a pause as Atton stared at Jasra, then at the small, rubber-like ball in his hand. He tossed it against the floor of the cage, letting it bounce three times before batting it down with his hand and catching it. Thump. Thump. Thump, ka-dunk. “What?”

“That!” Jasra snapped, pointing at the ball. “It’s driving me insane!”

“It’s just a ball,” Atton said. “Probably left behind by one of the trainees. Besides, I’m bored.” Thump. Thump. Thump, ka-dunk.

Jasra rolled her eyes. “Well, why don’t you spend your time thinking of a way out of here instead of driving the rest of us mad?”

“I was thinking.”

“And?”

Atton shrugged. Thump. Thump. Thump, ka-dunk.

Jasra’s eyes narrowed. “Spill it, Rand!” Jasra ordered sharply.

“Oooh!” Atton cooed sarcastically. “How very ‘un-Jedi.’ Don’t you think, Bastila?”

“I don’t think now is the time to discuss Padawan Lantill’s standing in the Jedi Order,” Bastila calmly replied. “However, if you have an idea on how we might escape, we’d all like to hear it.”

“Typical Jedi answer. Always calm and diplomatic,” Atton said under his breath. Thump. Thump. Thump, ka-dunk. He held the ball in his hand. “See, the way I figure it, ol’ Vros is going to save you for last,” he said, looking at Bastila. “Which means it’ll be my turn in his Force-sucking machine next.”

“He hasn’t taken Brax yet,” Jasra pointed out.

“No,” Brax agreed. “But Vros already figured out that we are linked somehow. What he did to you in that machine of his, weakened me. And Vros’ said that he didn’t drain you completely. He’ll let us both recover first, then he’ll see if it works the other way around.”

Atton grinned. “Braxy’s right, Jas. Vros is the scientific type. He’ll want to know more about your ‘bond’.”

“Great,” said Jasra. “So, what’s your plan then?”

“Well….” Atton looked around, as if he suspected that Vros might be listening to him. “You’ll just have to wait and see.” He grinned at Jasra. “Won’t be long.” Thump. Thump. Thump, ka-dunk.

“You are so irritating,” Jasra told him.

“Part of my endearing charm,” Atton said, giving her a wink.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around)