edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr. Cracken
Most of us use Aol IM. I do.
I don't use anything else though...
Well, yeah... but that's the point of Trillian and the like: you can contact anybody on any IM system from any IM system. So if I'm on MSN I can still get you on AIM, I believe... I could be wrong. I probably am... But I'll play around with them and see how far I get. This is all a new world for me.

But all that aside: I just really don't want to have to keep track of a new Internet account, though. I've already got way too many as it is.

However: In theory, the second I signed up with MSN and Yahoo I got IM IDs from them, same as the e-mail address and password I use with them. It's just a matter of activating the clients. But everybody at work uses the iChat (work is almost completely Mac based) which works with AIM or a .Mac account.

I think I should just be able to set up Trillian or this "Fire" I downloaded to use one of my current accounts, and then just grab a buddy list from whatever protocols everybody else is currently using.

I think that's how they are supposed to work, anyway... again, I could be mistaken. I might need to sign up with a new account in the end anyway.

So, if worse really does come to worse, I'll sign up for a new account with *shudder* AOL, or the .Mac... I can't imagine I'll be able to get anything resembling a sign-in name I might actually like at this point, though...

God... the system is imploding here! I mean, how long is it before I actually have a Myspace page too?

EDIT:
Well, reading the Trillian FAQ it seems that I do have to sign up for an account for whatever protocol I want to communicate with. Aw, damn s***-f***! Well, that might just be a deal-breaker for me.

We'll see how I feel about once I'm at work...

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)

Last edited by edlib; 01-26-2007 at 08:39 AM.
edlib is online now   you may: