View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 03:43 AM   #27
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Warrior
We are SO CONCERNED with sex, we give it this ridiculous importance above other personal choices/traits. It for some reason matters to us who is having sex, who they're having it with, HOW they're having sex, WHY they're having sex, and how OFTEN they have sex.
True in the extreme. If we didn't live in a society that's so nauseatingly preoccupied with sex, this wouldn't be much of an issue.

I tend to think that sexual orientation is more of a developmental/environmental issue than a genetic one for what I believe is a good reason. I knew a set of identical twin boys when I was growing up. One turned out to be gay, and the other didn't. Genetically speaking, they were identical, so at least in this case it is not a question of genetics, but some kind of developmental issue. I've read about this occuring with other sets of identical twins, so I know that this is not an isolated case.

Mace has mentioned kinks before, and I believe that this may be relevant. Think of your own personal kinks (while keeping them to yourselves, PLEASE ) and try to remember when in your lifetime they developed. I don't know about you all, but while some of mine originated at a very early age, most of them seem to have developed at or around puberty and, to the best of my knowledge, ALL were caused by some type of external stimuli, at least in my case.

And no, I DON'T believe that it's a conscious choice, either. People don't just wake up one morning and decide to become homosexual. The very idea is absurd. I voted "None of the above."

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker

Last edited by Q; 02-11-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,