View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
SCUMM-Nerd
Lurker

Possible Life Lessons In The Dig?

Being a fan of Full Throttle, I had found out that Lucasarts did this game and I had read it was a good story and that there was a novelization availible, and since I figured a good story would be expressed better in a book than in a game, I decided to read the novel before playing the game. I recently played through the game and I didn't find it as good as the novel. The novel offered you a chance to picture everything the way you wanted to and it had parts that I think should have been in the game and I thought it brought you into the storyline better than the game did.

Anyway, I didn't post this thread to tell you what I thought of the game and the novel, I posted it to see something. I wanted to see if anyone found a lesson in the story. Everyone on Cocytus immediately wanted to go into Space Time Six so they would no longer have to face death and so they could go into a state where they fealt great, but as it turned out immortality turned out to be a living hell. They wanted to go back into the real world after a long time of just observing.

I found a life lesson in their situation. I learned that you should not fear death and you should try to make the best of life while you can and to be happy with what you have.
SCUMM-Nerd is offline   you may: quote & reply,