View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 01:23 AM   #21
SilentScope001
May The Force Serve You.

Offline all the way.

Why?

1. Online games like WoW require grinding. By yourself. I can do that in SP.
2. Offline games have better IQ than Online players. Sure, Online players play better, but at least an Offline AI has the decency to not talk back to you or curse at you or tell you how big their "poweress" is. The AI knows the wisdom of the "silence is golden" rule.
3. You are the only player in the Offline game, so you get to dictate what happens within the game. You create your own story. In an Online game, you cannot do that.
4. In an Online game, it has to be "balanced". The other side cannot be nerfed because if it does...oh no, game balance is destroyed, nobody have fun, and the game ends! Nooo!!11!!1!

In an Offline game, forget about game balance. You are the only player. All they have to worry about is making the game harder for you or making hte game easier for you, and they don't have to worry of the AI's "feelings" if they feel a buff or a nerf is necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieZ
I love to play single player games alot of the time because they fit all around the way YOU want to play and you don't have people actively slagging the game. If there is one big turnoff for me whilst playing games, it's comments like this: - "This game is going down the pan" and "The playerbase is dissappearing" and "Fix the 25% combat med boost devs PLEASE!!!!"
I concur, but in some cases, the drama on the forums where players moan about how the game is unbalanced is far more fun than the actual game itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
"The Cambodian government has established many exciting-sounding 're-education camps' where both intellectuals and everyday citizens can be sent at any time," Day said. Well, we at Barnes & Noble have always supported re-education in America, and we intend to extend this policy to our new customers." For every hardcover book sold, Barnes & Noble will donate a dollar to the Cambodian government to help re-educate local children.
Full Article Here
SilentScope001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,