View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #31
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScope001
Offline all the way.

Why?

1. Online games like WoW require grinding. By yourself. I can do that in SP.
2. Offline games have better IQ than Online players. Sure, Online players play better, but at least an Offline AI has the decency to not talk back to you or curse at you or tell you how big their "poweress" is. The AI knows the wisdom of the "silence is golden" rule.
3. You are the only player in the Offline game, so you get to dictate what happens within the game. You create your own story. In an Online game, you cannot do that.
4. In an Online game, it has to be "balanced". The other side cannot be nerfed because if it does...oh no, game balance is destroyed, nobody have fun, and the game ends! Nooo!!11!!1!

In an Offline game, forget about game balance. You are the only player. All they have to worry about is making the game harder for you or making hte game easier for you, and they don't have to worry of the AI's "feelings" if they feel a buff or a nerf is necessary.
I agree, and as I'm feeling lazy I can't be bothered to type out the reasons, so thought SS has done a pretty good version of what I think.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,