View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 06:10 AM   #12
Negative Sun
Death to all but metal!

Current Game: NWN
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Well, when Jimbo was installing a new DVD player in our computer, he accidentally (?) disconnected the power supply to the hard drive. We got no activity on the hard drive, to no surprise. After trying numerous things (including 'check all the connections to make sure all the wires are plugged in securely) suggested by Kitty and others on the chatbox, with no success, Jimbo sees the power supply hanging out in space and says "I wonder what this goes to?" He finds the slot on the hard drive, plugs it in, and voila, it works just fine.

Don't know if that would work for you, and it sounds like you've already replaced it, but now before we chuck anything, you can bet we'll be checking to make sure all the wires are plugged in.
I still need to check how it does as a slave drive, but there's a lot going on here right now I don't really have the time...It's not getting chucked just yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdisco
Are you sure the drive wouldn't have died anyway? I've been running Diskeeper in the background for years with no problems. If my HDD died I wouldn't blame Diskeeper. HDDs are a crap-shoot with regards to how long they'll last.
I've been told by someone else as well that Diskeeper wasn't very safe though...But I think it was on its last legs anyways.

"I killed a man cause he killed my goat."

Last edited by Negative Sun; 03-08-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Negative Sun is offline   you may: quote & reply,