View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 07:52 AM   #15
Windu Chi
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk102
Once upon a time I said
Well that statement has bothered me for a couple months and I wanted to explore further the idea of moral objectivity with the help of mathematical notation. I hope others can provide insights into these definitions. I admit having to consult Wiki's Naive Set Theory to remember how to syntax set notation.

If x is an action in the set of all possible actions that you can perform, A:
x ∈ A

And m(x) is the morality of action x, then set of all possible moral outcomes, M, is:
M := { m(x) : x ∈ A}

And the moral person seeks to perform the most moral act:
Mmax = max { m(x) : x ∈ A}

So how do we measure the morality of an action? It is inversely proporational to the amount of distress, D, the particular act, x, causes.
m(x) ∝ 1/D(x)
What about doing something that is negating to -m(x) respect to society's moral standards, that will benefit the individual if
fear F(x)>> D(x) :x ∈ I

where F(x) is fear function of not doing something that is highly immoral respect to society's set moral standards if that immoral action x that is a element of I can lead to survival of the individual, since survival will have a higher value over M and D(x) distress function of the specific individual will have in commiting a immoral act.
When x is a element ∈ of a immoral set I.

F(x):= { if x ∈ Ei then F(x)∝Ei/D(s) } where Ei is the bias influencing emotions i of a individual that will negate the moral objectivity of that individual.

That will produce different set rule in D(x) ∝ UM(s)/Ei if x ∈ I where s ∈ M

where UM(x) is universal morality function stantards of a society.

So if -D(x) ( decrease) cause by Ei increase.

Then this set rule will have to apply.

UM(x) @ m(x) if {m(x) ∝ Ei/Dx: x ∈ I}

So, to remain on the moral bandwagon of the moral standards of society UM will have to be substituted @ with the morality of action function m(x) to counter I immoral action set that will cause the distress D(x) to change in a negative way, that will make the act of commiting the immoral less distressful to specific individuals with different values of Ei.

Also Ei will have to be a statistical variable, since emotions of specific individuals of a specific society are ruled by uncertainity of probability.

Quote:
δ := { δxy : (x ∈ A) and (y ∈ P) }
Also δxy= KyUM/Fxy and Fxy>>Dx : x ∈ I I suspect!

where Fxy is the relative fears for all organisms for all actions x if P := { m(x) ∝ 1/Fxy: if x ∈ I and y ∈ P }

So, if relative distresses is to be minimize the moral standards of society probably will have take a greater level of value over specific individual's own moral standards when it's actions are influence greatly by fear of death.
Or, a immoral may result.

But fear as a bias emotion can negate objectivity of any individual that has emotions since all organisms have emotions society's moral standards probably
can't in the long run take higher value over fear of death for some specfic individuals.

That is for some cowardice take highter value over relative distresses of individuals in society.

So, an immoral act will result for those who have a cowardice charcteristic.

Example: In the death camps some Nazi soldiers who didn't kill Jews because of the relative distresses of society that with their faculties would result in a immoral act, obviously.
If they don't commit the immoral act of murder they will be kill themselves.
So, if EiC where C is a cowardice set that is ∝ F(x), then F(x)>> UM and DPI where DPI is the relative total distresses of society of commitng a immoral act when x ∈ I

So, the immoral act of murder may result,
because F∝Ei/UM(s) & F(x)>> D(x) and where x ∈ I and s ∈ M

may result because emotions Ei is ruled by probability.

If UM(s) increase influence over fear function F(x) at a constant Ei value then fear of death go down and murder = 0

and Ei ∈/ cowardliness set C.

:∈/ is not a element:

Also good use of using Set Theory to illustrate your thoughts on morality, tk102.

Last edited by windu6; 04-23-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Windu Chi is offline   you may: quote & reply,