View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #13
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
Why would this be in KotOR 3 though, even though you may be on to something Nihilus is dead.
I think I've spoiled quite enough already, so I'll leave that bit in my plot speculation, if that's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
Then there is the fact Nihilus was male and the exile is female.
Canonically. But yes, they could be different genders. That's why I included this in the theory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
This evil self "survived" by claiming the dead or near-dead body of a fallen jedi and then became Darth Nihilus (a friend or old master of the Exile would make the most sense, since the connection would be stronger).
Clearly Nihilus has his own (male) body and does not physically have a connection with the exile. If my theory is correct, the rejected "dark echo" would have to find a different body to animate and act as a host for it. Since this is all tied to the exile's force connections, it seems likely to me that this was someone close to the exile at the time.

I mean, we know the exile forms strong force bonds, and that the exile "saves" himself on Malachor V by cutting his connection to the force. So what does the rejected part of him do? It travels along those bonds...

And note something else the masters tell the exile:

"Yes... you can feel the Force, but you cannot feel yourself. You are a cipher, forming bonds, leeching the life of others, siphoning their will and dominating them. It is the teaching of these new Sith, to feed on others, on other Force Sensitives. They are symptomatic of the wound in the Force. You are a breach that must be closed. You transmit your pain, your suffering through the Force.Within you, we see something worse than merely the teachings of the Sith. What you carry may mean the death of the Force... and the death of the Jedi."

As I see it, the exile experienced the pain of everyone dying at Malachor V through his bonds. This was so intense that it made him sever himself from the force rather than endure the pain. In doing so, he also avoided falling to the dark side himself by denying his "dark echo" that later became Nihilus. But the "dark echo" is now trapped - it cannot go to the force since the exile has cut the connection, and it has been rejected by the exile himself. So it travels along the exile's force connections to someone else, and probably someone the exile was close to. On that basis, Nihilus could have been the body of the exile's old master, I would guess.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that we never ever hear in TSL who the exile's master was? It sure seemed pretty odd to me... And another thing, the exile never looks at who Nihilus actually is. He just tells Visas to. Why? Clearly Nihilus was someone who fought at Malachor V, so why doesn't the exile look? It might have been someone he knew, after all... Well, could it be because the exile already had a good idea who it was and decided not to look, perhaps on a subconscious level? It would be consistent with the exile's behaviour througout the game, I think.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.

Last edited by Jediphile; 04-26-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,